+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Files from Hot Folders wont move to printed queue after printing.

Default Files from Hot Folders wont move to printed queue after printing.

I am using hot folders to get my files into CW. I set them up to use process and hold. How do I get them to move to the printed queue after they are printed. Which setting do I use to get this to happen. It is creating a lot of confusion about what is printed and what is not.

When you use Process and Hold, a copy of the file with the processed image will be kept in the Held queue. This allows you to preview in Command WorkStation and use tools such as Image Viewer to inspect the processed file.

If you just want jobs to print and not be kept in the Held queue when submitting via Hot Folders, select Print as your job action. When submitting jobs, they will automatically process and print. After printing, the finished job will be listed in the Printed queue.

Hi Bob_B,
    I see your response here and that is how our new install is working, but in the past all the jobs that were printed whether they were processed and held first then printed or just printed would show up in the Printed Job Queue. Is there anything in the works to bring back that functionality?
    Thank you,

In our more recent codebases, we have eliminated some background job duplication in the Fiery server. E.g. When you choose to 'print and hold' the job, then the job will print and return to hold queue - there will not be a copy made to the printed queue as well. This prevents unnecessary duplicates of jobs showing up across the queues.

If you are looking to track what has been printed, then I suggest using the job log. You can access this quickly by clicking on the 'logs' button in the toolbar.

Alternately, you could create a custom view in CWS that shows all the jobs on the Fiery server in a single list. This will include Held, Printed, etc.

You can do this by clicking on Advanced Search (the drop down to the right of the Search field), and click OK in the subsequent dialog box without entering any data (so that you don't filter anything out). Then click on Save Search next to Search Results, select View (All jobs) instead of Filter, add a name, and you'll get that view in the server pane on the left.

+ Reply to Thread