Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unable to connect to (192.168.1.4). The server name or IP address may be invalid -Mac

Default Unable to connect to (192.168.1.4). The server name or IP address may be invalid -Mac

Hi,

Im in dire need of some help if someone can oblige.

Im running Command Work Station 5.7 on my Mac Pro (Early 2009) running OSX 10.10.3 Yosemite. I have a Xerox Docucolor 250

Ive had an arduous time getting things up and running only now to run into more hair pulling problems.

I eventually managed to get a connect to the Fiery using IP ethernet however now, so some unknown reason, I can no longer make a connection. I am getting the following error message....

Unable to connect to (192.168.1.4). The server name or IP address may be invalid

Ive made no changes, Ive checked the connections but cant figure it out. It randomly did this before on my and I left it a while (over night) and it came back. I tried hard rebooting the Fiery and the printer and the router and the computer but to no avail.

I was told that there might be an issue with the latest OSX (Yosemite) and CWS 5.7 so i uninstalled it and uninstalled CWS 5.3.1 but again, no joy.

My broadband provider has assured me that its not an error on their end seeing as I have internet access and cites the printer as the problem, however, Ive change nothing on the printer. I am confident that the Cat 5 cable is sound.

The only things Ive changed recent was to add on Xerox mac drivers to be able to print from the native programmes like Adobe CS but the connected to CWS worked fine after I did this. Its so strange that it now wont connect. Is it an issue with my router? is it an issue with the Fiery? Is it an issue with the CWS? Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. Need this resolved asap.

Thanks
    Gary

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 14.46.51.png
Views: 12305
Size:  68.5 KBName:  Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 14.58.20.png
Views: 12011
Size:  78.4 KBName:  Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 14.57.56.png
Views: 12539
Size:  50.4 KBName:  Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 14.42.56.png
Views: 12134
Size:  26.2 KB

There are no issues with Yosemite and CWS 5.7. I'm running OSX 10.10.3 and CWS 5.7. Also- the standalone device drivers likely won't work for a device that's being controlled by Fiery- you need the Fiery drivers if you're not going to use CWS.

This sounds more like a network issue that anything.

Are there other computers on the same network that are able to connect?

What is your computer's IP address?

Hi,

no, no other computers on the network. Computers ip address is 192.168.1.1. Docucolor is on 192.168.1.4.

Any advise? thanks
    g

Quote Originally Posted by theDanGregory View Post
    There are no issues with Yosemite and CWS 5.7. I'm running OSX 10.10.3 and CWS 5.7. Also- the standalone device drivers likely won't work for a device that's being controlled by Fiery- you need the Fiery drivers if you're not going to use CWS.

This sounds more like a network issue that anything.

Are there other computers on the same network that are able to connect?

What is your computer's IP address?

Xerox and Yosemite Compatibility Sheet....
    SFTDS-01U(1).pdf

Can you ping the Fiery IP address?

Also if you type it's IP address into a browser, are you seeing Fiery Webtools?

Hi,

Yes, I can ping the docucolor250 at 192.168.1.4 and when i pu tthe IP address into the browser, I can open fiery Webtools. (after much frustration with trying to get yosemite and java and permissions to allow me to open this 'untrusted' webpage) - But yes, all open, I can access the Fiery from my browser.

G

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Can you ping the Fiery IP address?

Also if you type it's IP address into a browser, are you seeing Fiery Webtools?
    Last edited by Garovski; 05-28-2015 at 08:30 AM.

I am using an Efibre 'Eircom F100 Modem' made by Zyxel. Could the reaccuring dropped connection be something to do with it?

Still having issues with random disconnection and inability to reconnect unless I power down everything (moden, DC250, Fiery RIP, Computer) and restart - very frustrating. Any one able to help???

G

Could you upload the configuration page.

Regards,
    Barné
    Machines:
    - Xerox DP-700 (Systemsoftware 1.200.2) with embedded rip (System 8 R 2, V 1.0SP1)

- Xerox DC-260 (Systemsoftware 1.210.23) with embedded rip (System 8e R 2, V 2.0)

Command Workstation:

EFI Color Profiler Suite:

Hi Barné, can you tell me how I find the configuration page? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast