Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Printer and Fiery Features button causes long delays/hang - OS X Yosemite

Same here: although our printer (Canon iR-ADV C7260) is connected via IP, we have a 6 to 9 seconds delay when opening the printer settings. Every time. On every of our 5 iMacs. This is unacceptable.

Running the old Fiery driver under the current Mac OS (El Capitan, 10.11): no lag! Conclusion: it must be the driver.

Hardware:
    iMac (retina 5K, 27 Inch, Late 2015: 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB, 500 GB SSD)

OS X 10.11.3

Software:
    Fiery Driver 1.0
    Fiery Command Workstation 5.8.0.39 SP2
    Attached Images  

Default Issues with using LPD connection

UPDATE: I've discovered that when using IP/LPD, some of the Fiery Features just don't work. In particular, when I try to do offset collate printing, it does not sort into stacks at all. If I go back to using the Bonjour connection, it works. I had to set up the user's machine with two copies of the printer: one with Bonjour when they needed features to work, and one with LPD for normal printing when they didn't want to experience the severe delays. This isn't an optimal solution. Is there any timeline for a potential fix so these driver issues?

Quote Originally Posted by usminfoserv View Post
    I've had similar issues since upgrading to El Capitan. Opening the first dialog box can take 3 to 10 seconds. Printing can take a while too. It all used to be instantaneous.

I noticed that opening the dialog box triggers relatively high cpu usage by opendirectoryd. I'm wondering if the driver is attempting to do an LDAP lookup for something, or perhaps authenticating my account. It doesn't happen with other printers. Is there anything in the Fiery Driver that would communicate with Open Directory before showing the print dialog box?

Fabio.Pergola and others on this thread:

First of all please make sure you have the latest drivers installed from our download center, we made some big changes in the 10.11 drivers to fix previous issues, and work around MacOS sandboxing restrictions with two way communication. Only use the drivers marked for MacOS 10.11.

http://www.efi.com/support-and-downloads/downloads/

If after a clean install of these drivers you still see issues, please can you report the exact issue, and the time it takes to bring up the print dialog box on both Bonjour vs IP printers? And give me specifics to replicate, like exact driver version etc? Also let me know if you're up for doing a webex meeting with us, so we can take a look at the problem in realtime on your system.

Thanks,
    Greta.

Smile

Saw that the comments have dried up here.

Have we found a solution?

Just upgraded to: MacOSX El Capitan V.10.11.6 (15G1217) and encountered the delay times when printing to my Fiery Printer (Ricoh 651ex E41A)

As per instructions on this site, I uninstalled my driver and reinstalled newest version. That did solve some other issues but not the issue with the printer dialogue delays.

Still watching the bouncing pizza wheel of death instead of working.

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Fabio.Pergola and others on this thread:
    Also let me know if you're up for doing a webex meeting with us, so we can take a look at the problem in realtime on your system.
    Greta: A made a video of an average file printing. PM me if you want the link.

Default Bump

BumpBumpBump

Hi DrunkRabbit,

Please PM me the link so I can take a look.

Do you notice this lag only on certain applications?

Thanks,
    Anthony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2