Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Printer and Fiery Features button causes long delays/hang - OS X Yosemite

Default Printer and Fiery Features button causes long delays/hang - OS X Yosemite

When I press the 'printer' button from any app (I mainly use Adobe CC) i get long delay (BBoD)

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 11.29.08.png
Views: 6762
Size:  83.2 KB

then after I set the printer up and press print i get an even longer hang, sometimes for over one minute.

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 11.29.27.png
Views: 6644
Size:  73.6 KB

This occurs on every Mac within our studio, all using the latest Yosemite version.
    During the hang there are no spikes on network, disk or cpu usage.

Any advice/resolution welcome as it's pretty annoying

I see this too. With all my 10.9/ 10.10 machines regardless of app printing from. There is a long delay choosing the fiery printer and also lots of hanging in the fiery features and when printing.

Normally I add the printer through bonjour. The only thing I found that sort of helps is if you add the printer as an IP printer. There is less lag this way. Its not a perfect solution but it helped me

ctait - genius!

Big bad hang gone, thanks a bunch!

Happy to help! I hope they fix the lag with bonjour printing though.

Default Also experiencing long delays/hangs in OS X

We just got 5 new Canon C700 with a F200 Fiery Server. We are also experiencing this. The worst is if we try to share out the fiery station to our print server and then point our client machines to our print server via SMB, we get a 30 second delay when doing File -> Print and click on the print queue in any application.

If we share it out from our print server via LPD, we get a 3 second delay consistently. This is better than 30 seconds, but still unacceptable when you shouldn't get any spinning pinwheel when printing.

But let's forget the above for a second.

I took the print server completely out of the equation and connected an OS X client computer directly to the fiery station using the fiery installer GUI and it connects the OS X client via lpd with the provided IP address, but still has a 3 second delay. This tells me the issue here is not with Canon, but with the Fiery drivers.

We have never had such issues before (we were previously connecting to a Fiery GX300 to a Canon C7065 but using slightly older drivers, no problem) and would love to see this corrected. What can we do to rectify this because this is such a pain point and annoyance. I've never seen print drivers cause delays like this.

Default It's back again...

Since upgrading to El Captan the hang as returned (still using the IP link instead of direct from the 'add printer or scanner' dialogue).

Default Re: Printer and Fiery Features button causes long delays/hang - OS X El Capitan

I'm testing El Capitan where this "was" an issue with all our Fiery printers (CN6000/6010/C800 & KM8000PRESS). I had to delete all the printers, use the Fiery uninstaller to uninstall the drivers, then reinstall all the printers via IP/LPD and that solved my lag issue.

Of course...then they moved our print shop from one building to another after 25 years in one spot and now we are having "other" issues that, to me, appear network related...but good luck getting network team to admit fault.

Hope that helps.

Oh...from your original post (with screenshots), I notice when you select Fiery Features you do not have two-way communication selected. Since I've been supporting our company's Macs, I found that if hanging or complete drops in communication when printing within any Adobe CC design or MS Office Suite apps, having tw-way comm checked when connecting via IP makes a WORLD of difference as well. We had lagging even after Yosemite upgrades and two-way comm really boosted overall communication between the computers and printers (both Mac & PC). Could be a possible solution as well...be worth trying before deleting and reading printers.
    Last edited by cbstossel; 02-29-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Default Hanging appears to be related to Open Directory

I've had similar issues since upgrading to El Capitan. Opening the first dialog box can take 3 to 10 seconds. Printing can take a while too. It all used to be instantaneous.

I noticed that opening the dialog box triggers relatively high cpu usage by opendirectoryd. I'm wondering if the driver is attempting to do an LDAP lookup for something, or perhaps authenticating my account. It doesn't happen with other printers. Is there anything in the Fiery Driver that would communicate with Open Directory before showing the print dialog box?

Default Maybe...

But I've had a new SSD installed, now with a clean system and re-installed everything the hang is now negligible, but that might be down to the speed to the drive.

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

having the same problems with xerox machines attached
    bonjour takes a long delay!! installing with IPP is faster, but still a small delay
    definately something wrong with the fiery drivers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast