Thread: Applying Captured Color to a Print job

Default Applying Captured Color to a Print job

Hello all,

I am trying to get the fiery to use the captured color to a print job.
    I can capture the color and save it.
    But in the fiery instructions booklet, it doesn not explain how i can apply that color to the job that i want to run. In the demonstration that the guy from the fiery showed us using the example from the booklet (it was a made up fax sheet that had an ABC logo in purle or blue) he managed to do it easily.

Please, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Very new to alot of the features of the fiery, so simple terms would help. :-)

The copier I am using is a Sharp MX-6500 color copier.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Ok i'm going to assume some things here, since i don't know your computer system or Fiery Version.

While in Device Center-Resources-Spot colors you calibrate [Instrument] and you use you Spectrophotometer to scan the swatch/custom color.

You will need to do a few things first:
    1. Choose Output profile. Either Change the default as i do: Device Center-Color Setup-[Output profile], click Device Center-Resources-Spot colors [Properties] and change the output profile there by going to the color-basic settings-output profile. This needs to match your jobs output profile. Spot colors work through this profile.

2. Calibrate Spectrophotometer (mentioned above)

3. Create spot color in your group [New]

4. Open spot color.

5. Scan colored media
    -- should change the cmyk/lab values

6. Save

7. Process your file, and check to see if the new CMYK value have worked.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by StarDigital View Post
    Ok i'm going to assume some things here, since i don't know your computer system or Fiery Version.

While in Device Center-Resources-Spot colors you calibrate [Instrument] and you use you Spectrophotometer to scan the swatch/custom color.

You will need to do a few things first:
    1. Choose Output profile. Either Change the default as i do: Device Center-Color Setup-[Output profile], click Device Center-Resources-Spot colors [Properties] and change the output profile there by going to the color-basic settings-output profile. This needs to match your jobs output profile. Spot colors work through this profile.

2. Calibrate Spectrophotometer (mentioned above)

3. Create spot color in your group [New]

4. Open spot color.

5. Scan colored media
    -- should change the cmyk/lab values

6. Save

7. Process your file, and check to see if the new CMYK value have worked.

Dan
    Dan, Thanks for your help/input. I captured the color and saved it. Printed out a sample and it's perfect. However, even when following the instuctions given, i can't seem to apply this color (orange) to the ABC example fax sheet under the fiery training. It still comes out puple. I have the color, matched the output profiles etc. Not sure what I am doing wrong. :-(

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Ok. Can you post the fax sheet you are trying to match the logo to. Do you have pitstop in acrobat. If yes then you need to find out just what that logo's color is. Sometime there is a pantone in a art that is covered by a CMYK or RGB; and for layering, the top takes priority

The spot color groups are hierarchical, meaning those at the top get priority. If you created a group and its below the default PANTONE groups, the default will take priority, so move the group up to the top.

Spelling is paramount in this if you say 'pantone 186 C' it will not override PANTONE 186 C. 'PANTONE' indicates a Named color anything else is custom.

Does this help?

Dan