Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need to simply fold 11x17 in half

Question Need to simply fold 11x17 in half

I'm a new user, needing to print and fold an 11x17, one sided document. I was able to output 3 seets 'multi fold' but I need simply 1 sheet. The feature to half fold is grayed out. What might I be missing?
    Name:  Screenshot (18).png
Views: 1953
Size:  67.0 KB

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Try this: click on the grayed-out "half fold" setting and see what happens. You will get a conflict message. It explains what other settings need to be changed to get that "half fold" setting to work. And if you click "OK" on the conflict message, it will change those settings for you! Good luck...

Steve

Default Conflict OK grayed out

Thanks Steve,
    The dialog box only gives me an option to cancel. OK is grayed out. head scratcher.
    Name:  Screenshot (21).png
Views: 1909
Size:  70.4 KB

Can you let us know what Fiery model and version you are using?

Also the steps to reproduce the problem?

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Windy, looks like you got one of those giant conflict messages (lots of entries) that indicate that you don't have the hardware ("Not installed") to execute the grayed-out selection. When the conflict message only has one or two lines, it's usually something you can get past without other equipment. But not this. You'll have to stick with "Multi half-fold."

But that's okay. Let's look at the document you're trying to print. To "multi half-fold" only one sheet, your document must not have more than 4 pages (if 8.5x11 or A4 and printing in "booklet" layout) or 2 pages (if 11x17 or A3). So tell us about your document.
    Last edited by Steve0; 04-21-2015 at 04:36 AM.

My VDP document is 1,200+ pages. It is an addressing project on pre-printed shells. We were hoping to address and fold on the bizhub, saving the extra steps of taking to bindery to fold.

Wendy, connect to your Fiery in Command WorkStation.

Then go to Device Center tab, General tab, then General Info tab.

Get a screen shot of entire window that appears.

Thank you for looking into this, Scott.
    Name:  Screenshot (22).png
Views: 1890
Size:  127.8 KB

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

what is doing the variable data? InDesign and Fiery are the only ones i know about. Maybe it is preventing the additional features.

Dan

A pdf was prepared with FusionPro. It was a 1200 page pdf, which I split into 3 pdfs for easier handling.
    It probably could have remained one pdf, as it only contains an address, indicia and a vector logo. I noticed that processing time was minimal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast