Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need to simply fold 11x17 in half

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

What i would try next is try doing your fold on a blank pdf. You could open impose on anything 'add blank page' remove the art so it is only blank and save flattened. If that works extract a single page of the VDP pdf and run that through you process. If it doesn't work try Optimizing the extracted pdf then try Postscripting it. What about rebooting? How new is the printer, for i saw all the toner levels at 100, and that is rare. Is it updated?

Dan

OK. You have a IC-306 v2.0, and Fiery is "seeing" attached finishers....

Is doc letter sized and you want to print it 2-up on to 11x17 with center fold (multi half fold)?
    Make sure output paper size is 11x17.

One other thing..
    Go to Device Center, General tab, Server Configuration
    Do you see now see "System Updates" in left column?

If so, how many Fiery updates do you see in right column?

Screenshot this page.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WindyTroutt View Post
    My VDP document is 1,200+ pages. It is an addressing project on pre-printed shells. We were hoping to address and fold on the bizhub, saving the extra steps of taking to bindery to fold.
    VDP tab. Record Length: 1

" How new is the printer, for i saw all the toner levels at 100, and that is rare. Is it updated?"
    Printer was installed 10/2011. I'm told it used to fold in half. I've been here 3 months, and never seen the ink levels reflected acuratly.

Name:  Screenshot (23).png
Views: 1020
Size:  99.7 KB

great tip, that stands to reason that it would affect the ability to output. But, after I defined the record length as one, the option to fold in half still did not become availalbe.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    VDP tab. Record Length: 1
    To answer a previous question:
    the document size is 11x17, aiming to fold in half to 8.5x11

Your Fiery has no patches installed on it.
    For v2.0 to be fully patched, it needs 35+ patches to be installed (!)

I'm not saying your issue will be resolved by patching it, but before any more troubleshooting is attempted you need to get it to fully patched level.

Please contact your KM dealer and have them come out to update your Fiery.

He will run Fiery's System Updates utility several times in succession until no more patches remain to be installed.

And while he is there, you can bring this issue up.

By the way, the toner level issue is known by KM and EFI. And because of design of Fiery to engine interface, it is a known "limitation".

Smile

Thanks for the input, everyone. I have discovered a lot today. I have contacted our service rep about those patches.

Meantime, have you tried setting the record length in the VDP tab to 1 and selecting Multi Half Fold? I tested this with a tabloid size document and it worked for me.

The setting in the VDP tab defines each page of the document as a separate record and each record will be finished separately from the others. Even though there is only one sheet of paper, they still folded in half separately when Multi Half Fold was selected.

Tried setting the record length in the VDP tab to 1 and selecting Multi Half Fold.
    It did work. The fold is a good .25 inch off, but it did fold the individual records.
    Thanks, Bob.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

I'm not Bob, but you're welcome.

And you can adjust where it half-folds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast