Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bustled Fiery - Xerox Colour C60 Press - pre sale questions

Default Some advice please

Hi all, surely this is the best place for advice ??

We like to print booklets with pre-printed covers inserted while the press does all the collating, we can do this by setting the covers as 'separators' but there is a 20 second time delay whilst the press inserts the separators, will the integrated fiery speed this up ??

Thanks in advance,

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

The Fiery doesn't control how the engine does things like that.

Did your vendor provide you with the Xerox Customer Expectation Document (CED) for your system?

Hi,

No we did not get one, but we did not ask for one.
    We really don't have a choice in this, we have no budget left so will have to buy the controller that I linked to in my previous post. This is about £3000 and the next one up is about £7000.

Im insisting on a demo first though, with my laptop and my files.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Are the Pre printed Covers a different weight to the main body stock ? do you know which finisher you have on your C60 ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Hi,

We do not have a finisher on the c60 as we have our own offline finishing equipment.

We run the pre-printed covers through the mpt tray and set them as 'pre-printed' and set them as
    'separators' in the print driver - this is the only way we can do this without the machine charging us a colour click for inserting the covers. As separators there is no charge.

We hope to see a demo on the embedded fiery soon and im really hoping it will solve our colour problems, which are far worse on the c60 than any other machine we have ever owned, including very very basic office machines !!. It really is quite appaling, ive never seen anything this bad with colour !!
    Last edited by xeroxcolourc60; 04-22-2015 at 12:21 PM.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

It does seem as though Colour difference is the main issue through this thread ? can I ask ? you use a pdf workflow which you windows print to your "office" devices -have you just imported the same pdf via both devices webpage ? this might give you an insight as to whether the "appalling" colour difference is due to the Print Driver or the RIP ?

Try not to get to hung up "Office" / "Light Production" etc - generally Marketing terms - as a rule of thumb, most Vendors get the "ump" if you buy perceived " Office" product & then proceed to use it as a "Production" product...

Anyway - let us know the outcome of an import of the same pdf to both machines via their webpage & colour comparision....

Also: Which Office Box are we talking about ? 78xx ?
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 04-22-2015 at 03:37 PM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Hi,

Yes we have a 78 and have tested same pdfs on both.
    We are also comparing to all the other machines we have had in the past.

Basically, the c60 has to have a rip unless your just printing black and white text.

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me why its been mentioned in this thread "not to buy a free flow server" ?
    Im asking this because at the moment its all we can afford.

Thanks

Actually I got it wrong, the one we are been offered is:

Xerox® EX-i C60/C70 Print Server Powered by Fiery®

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Xerox has had FreeFlow Print Server for many, many years now. It's a mature product.

But several years ago they sold it to their outsource engineering company in India (HCL). And now, with the C60, Xerox has dropped the OLD FFPS and is using the NEW FFPS.

The new FFPS runs on Windows. And it is a horrible mess. It has NOTHING to do with the old FFPS. It is completely unrelated.

Shame on Xerox for foisting that onto the public using the tried and true, established FFPS name.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast