Thread: -HELP- Command WorkStation 5 Error when printing ("findresource")

Default -HELP- Command WorkStation 5 Error when printing ("findresource")

System Information: -SharpMX-6500
    Fiery Hot Folders: -Version 3.7.0.08

Command WorkStation: -Version 5.7.0.29
    Fiery Graphic Arts Package: -Version .1

Error Detail:
    Job Errors
    Orientation Binder Compiled
    PS undefinedresource error, offending command "findresource"

More Information:
    We are building a binder with tabs and several different things using Fiery impose and Compose. We have used this application in the same way before to make other binders with no issues.
    The document is 163 pages long. Every time we go to print it only prints the first 57pages then gives us the above error.
    If we try and print only pages 57-163 it will print pages 53-57 then stop. We have rebuilt this job from scratch multiple time with the same results. We have rebooted our computer and are printer along with the Fiery Server. We have also ran all updates we could find.
    Last edited by ITpat; 04-07-2015 at 12:44 PM.

It sounds like there is an element that the file is referencing, but wasn't embedded in the file and is not accessible to the Fiery. Depending on the type of file, this could be a missing font, an image that was linked in the application but not embedded or, in the case of a VDP file, missing VDP resources.

A few items to help troubleshoot:

- Does this only occur on this particular file?

- What application was the file created in and how was it submitted to the Fiery?

- If you print or process and hold the job before you do the work in Compose, do you see the issue?

- If you are using Compose to combine multiple files, do you see the issue with the individual files?

- Have you tried to use different methods to submit the file? For example, if you print from the application, have you tried to export a PDF which can then be imported into Command WorkStation?

Hopefully, some of these ideas will help you troubleshoot the source of the issue.

- Does this only occur on this particular file?
    No. This seems to happen on multiple jobs.

- What application was the file created in and how was it submitted to the Fiery?
    The files are all PDF that have been created in Acrobat pro XI then dragged and doped into compose.

- If you print or process and hold the job before you do the work in Compose, do you see the issue?
    If we process the job and hold it does not error. The error only occurs once we start printing.

- If you are using Compose to combine multiple files, do you see the issue with the individual files?
    We use compose to combine multiple PDFs that we built and do not see any issues at that point.

- Have you tried to use different methods to submit the file? For example, if you print from the application, have you tried to export a PDF which can then be imported into Command WorkStation?
    I'm sorry I am confused by this question. Are you asking me to try and import my files into compose as another format? So convert the pages of the PDF to some image and then combine them in compose?

So I was able to get this to work by opening the PDF document on my pc. Then going to print and we have a program called Cute PDF Writer. So I selected to print to the Cute PDF Writer and selected the option "as image". This created a new PDF for me. When I import that into compose it works with out any issues. Would installing the custom fonts from my pc to the Fiery server allow me to skip the step of needing to convert all of my PDFs or is there any thing you can recommend that would make it so I don't have to convert all of my PDFs prior to printing them?

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

"- Have you tried to use different methods to submit the file? For example, if you print from the application, have you tried to export a PDF which can then be imported into Command WorkStation?
    I'm sorry I am confused by this question. Are you asking me to try and import my files into compose as another format? So convert the pages of the PDF to some image and then combine them in compose?"

When you save (Ctrl s) you are given an option of saving the pdf out of the CWS environment.

From here you can use Acrobat to fine tune the PDF like saving it as a optimized pdf and such. just reimporting the pdf may solve your issues.

Dan