Thread: Disabling Automatic Updates

Default Disabling Automatic Updates

Hey everyone,

We are deploying the Fiery Command Workstation 5 software as part of a production image. As with most of our 3rd party software, we like to manage the updates of that software by disabling automatic updates. Our users are non-admins so their ability to install most updates anyway is slim.

I found that you can right click the icon in the taskbar, go to “preferences” and uncheck “Download updates automatically” but that only seems to disable it for the one user. Is there a registry key, file, or something else that I can configure to suppress updates (automatic and/or manual) from being able to run?

Thanks in advance! I'd hope to be able to do this via a GPO.

-Jim
    Attached Images  

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Easiest way is to uninstall / delete the Fiery Software Manager Application - works a treat - look in root -> Program Files ->EFI -> Fiery Software Manager
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 04-07-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: cannot spell
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Easiest way is to uninstall / delete the Fiery Software Manager Application - works a treat - look in root -> Program Files ->EFI -> Fiery Software Manager
    Perfect, that was the solution! I did a hybrid of that on our machine, which I'll summarize below for anyone else who may want to know.

The Fiery Software Manager was located in the following directory:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiery\Fiery Software Manager

I renamed the "Fiery Software Manager" folder to another name, to prevent it from launching. I left the .exe inside the folder alone, in-case I need to update it in the future.

Also, if the program has already tried to update, it will leave a hidden folder called "Fiery Software Manager" on the root of C:\. Delete that to free up some space and get rid of the temp install files.