Thread: 'D Finisher" Not Installed

Default 'D Finisher" Not Installed

So I'm running a Xerox 700i with a professional finisher on the back end. Has stapling and bookleting options installed. When I send a job through the fiery (imposed job) and select a tray or paper type, I get the 'D Finisher' not installed message. If I don't select anything and run it at defaults it works fine. Anyone have this issue? or know how to fix it?

So the printer definitely recognises it has a finisher attached? An easy way to tell is to do a COPY job and select finishing options such as stapling/folding etc.

It does finish, if I don't rum impose, I can select paper trays/types, fold and staple. So it does all the functions it's supposed to but not when I try to run an imposed job. When I run the impose and try to select any tray or any paper type is when the fault appears. I do have the dongle for it(impose).

Hi Jamie,

Just an idea, as I've seen similar issues on C75/J75, please check with Xerox the software versions on the IOT. Maybe the version for the D finisher is not supported on a 700i configuration and is causing the problem.

l-

So I guess my question would be, whats the difference between the 'D Finisher' and a Professional Finisher? Because I have the Pro, which I had on a WC5775 and could do booklets. I don't think it would just not do what it's made for.
    Last edited by Jamie123; 04-28-2015 at 02:12 PM.

K.scottcanada is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor K.scottcanada is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie123 View Post
    So I guess my question would be, whats the difference between the 'D Finisher' and a Professional Finisher? Because I have the Pro, which I had on a WC5775 and could do booklets. I don't think it would just not do what it's made for.
    You have a compatibility problem. How do you even have it hooked up?? The 700i needs a Profesional finisher with the serial # prefix TKX.

K.scottcanada is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor K.scottcanada is on a distinguished path

You have a compatibility problem. How do you even have it hooked up??

The 700i needs a Professional finisher with the serial # prefix PNB or PNX (Advanced Fin) Neither of which are a "D" finisher.

A "D" finisher is a TKX or a MLA Light Production. The later has no booklet maker.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Question:

Does it only happen on the impose extension dbp or does it happen when you flatten the impose?

have you tried flattening it into a folder (second option on flattening). I have found this is an option when there is a bug in the pdf that Impose brings out (usually the bug will crash my Fiery and have to restart)

From the folder you can optimize the pdf or create a postscript for it.

Dan

It does have a PNB prefix so it is a pro finisher. As far as how it was installed, I'm not too sure, when it was delivered it was put together by the delivery man. Which I can only assume was a Xerox employee. It seems to only happen when you assign a coated type paper (even with a lower gsm rating like 118), if I use an uncoated setting at the same gsm rating as my coated paper it seems to work but then my prints are unsaturated and look faded. So it seems like it will only work if you're using uncoated stock. I've tried the with and with out the flattened pdf through the impose and have the same results. So I kinda have a work around at this point but would really like it to do what its supposed to and my prints come out with the proper saturation. Thank you every one that has responded as this has been kind of frustrating at times.