+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daylight Savings Time Bug Xerox

Default Daylight Savings Time Bug Xerox

Hi all,

We have a Xerox C75 with the Integrated Fiery Controller in an office environment with printer shares deployed via a Windows 2008 server. Every time the clocks change we get a significant slowdown in the performance of the print driver. The slowdown occurs when opening the printer properties UI and is also slower when pressing print and waiting for the application to return to other tasks.

I have seen this issue mentioned on the forum a few times but have not seen anything in the way of proper fix.

I cannot see anything in the way of patches or new drivers for the C75 EXi that claim to resolve the problem.

This morning i have used the Fiery printer delete utility to remove the printer from a single user's machine and then re-added from the server. This seems to have improved the performance. We are now faced with doing this about 100 more times - which is not a satisfactory solution.

Can anyone suggest a better approach? What if we use the print delete utility to remove the server's driver and then recreate the share- would that fix it?

We have already turned off all the two-way communication options in the driver - this was done in the first few days after install due to the slow speed of the driver UI.

Any suggestions appreciated.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

when you say "printer shares deployed via 2008 Server," do you mean that the Xerox print driver is locally loaded on the server and then the server printer object is shared out?

Hi RW,
    EFI is releasing a new patch to address your issue to Xerox this week. (They will need to verify before releasing to the field) Unfortunately, you'll still need to use the Fiery Delete Utility, delete the drivers and install this new one. Good news is, it won't happen again in the fall. Driver ID is FIT100985131
    Thanks, Craig

Default Follow up

Hi Adam & Craig,

Thank you for the feedback.

Adam - Yes, the setup is as you say. Server 2008 has the C75 printer locally installed, other PCs on the network connect to this resource.

Craig - I will keep an eye out for the fix.

Many thanks

Default Any sign of this release?

Craig - i've been checking the update pages for the C75, still no sign of the the FIT100985131 driver. Do you know when it will be released?

Thanks

Hi RW,
    The driver was released to Xerox on April 2nd. Now it's up to them to test and release to the field.
    Thank You, Craig

The Xerox driver is available for download for multiple models on the Xerox website.
    Can you tell us if a similar driver update will be issued for Canon imagePass controllers?

shmegenke is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor shmegenke is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by craigbtg View Post
    The Xerox driver is available for download for multiple models on the Xerox website.
    Can you tell us if a similar driver update will be issued for Canon imagePass controllers?
    I believe the A2 and B2 were updated but I'd suggest you confirm that with Canon.

+ Reply to Thread