Thread: Command Workstation 5.7 slow to launch

Question Command Workstation 5.7 slow to launch

Recently Iíve been having some issues with CWS taking a very long time to load if at all.
    It will take 1-2 hours to load CWS or it will hang during the opening process and never open.
    I think the update to 5.7 may have exacerbated the issue such that I havenít been able to open CWS since doing the upgrade. Let me be clear, I do not think this is explicitly related to CWS 5.7 as I had been having delays with the previous version.
    EFI has mentioned that CWS uses resources to ping all connected printers and connecting to more than a few can cause issues.
    I had at one point been connected to 10+ units all around the country making it load very slowly.
    Since that time Iíve paired back and am only connected to 2 or 3 servers at most.

I've since found issues in a separate EFI application Fiery Central Manager where ghost printers can take up resources and license allocation Ďslotsí is there a similar thing going on with my CWS?

Is there a way to purge the ghost printers?
    Does this make sense?

Iím currently running my second uninstall / reinstall cycle to see if I can fix it this way but from doing it once before Iím not sure if it will solve it.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

Thumbs up

To close off This thread, EFI was very helpful in helping me resolve.
    There is a quick solution via RegEdit

Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFI Rel3\Fiery Command WorkStation\ConnectedServers

Contains values
    NumItems
    Server0
    Server1
    etc.

Change NumItems to 0 and delete keys Server0..Server-n. etc.

Default And for Mac

Here's a quick way to remove all Fiery's from CWS on mac.

Ensure CWS is closed, then
    Go to: /Users/username/Library/Preferences and locate the ĒFiery Command WorkStation PreferencesĒ file. Delete it.

Thatís it - all CWS prefs including servers connected are deleted.