Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warning do not install java 8 on fiery servers.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

In the US, it's either bustled or external Fiery for the Versant 80. No FFPS.

For Color 1000i, FFPS not available now, actual availability questioned.

800i not an option for the US.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    In the US, it's either bustled or external Fiery for the Versant 80. No FFPS.

For Color 1000i, FFPS not available now, actual availability questioned.

800i not an option for the US.
    Yea with Fuji Xerox (Asia Pacific) it's only the bustled option. Not a fan of the bustled rips myself, too underpowered.
    For whatever reason the Freeflow rips always seem to turn up later than the Fierys, must be a development lag thing. But I'm confident they will be out for the 1000i, there's too many customers upgrading their existing 800/1000's using FF that would demand the same.
    I've used both rips extensively and overall I do prefer the Fiery's they have more features and horsepower than the Freeflow but I definitely want them to stay in the race. Competition is always a good thing for the marketplace.

[QUOTE=jimzenglish;16491]Versant 80 is a lower end production machine so only coming out with Fiery Bustled Rip option

Hi Folks,
    I want to clarify one item. The Versant 80 has both Bustled and External Fiery's available.
    Thanks, Craig

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Let me tell you, a modern bustled Fiery is a thing of beauty--if the OEM checked the option sheet correctly, or if EFI decided on their own to include a feature for competitive reasons (yes, I'm looking at you, KM IC-415 and tab support).

Keep in mind, the OEMs control what EFI feature sets they choose to sell. A bustled Fiery is nothing more than slower hardware doing the exact same things as the faster hardware. KM IC-415 with Productivity Pack does things today that five years ago you couldn't even get on an iGen Fiery. As with all technology, it improves tremendously over short periods of time.

Unless you absolutely need VDP language support, JDF compatibility, and a couple of other esoteric things, a bustled Fiery can run much more business than you might think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2