Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warning do not install java 8 on fiery servers.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Default Warning do not install java 8 on fiery servers.

It prevented Stock Library Manager from running.

First I tried to do a Windows Restore to Tuesday and that caused even more problems. Returned it back to today. Everything would run ok but still the same script error when trying run the Stock Library Manager. Ran CHKDSK and SFC with no errors reported. Then decided to look at Programs and Features for what was installed yesterday. Sure enough Java 8 show up. Uninstalled it and now Stock Library Manager will run again.

How it got installed automatically I have to find out as I thought I had that turned off. So now I waste most of the day on effen Windows BS.

First company that come out with a Unix/Linux print server I am going to take serious look at. I am so damn tired of putting up with Windows.

PS: I found this http://baudlabs.com/how-to-disable-j...-in-windows-7/ and now I know why it updated.
    Last edited by Doyle; 03-14-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Yes same thing happened to me and also wasted quite a few hours before finding the solution. I think Stock Library Manager must be based on Java script in some way.

BTW Xerox Freeflow server is Unix based

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by jimzenglish View Post
    Yes same thing happened to me and also wasted quite a few hours before finding the solution. I think Stock Library Manager must be based on Java script in some way.

BTW Xerox Freeflow server is Unix based
    Now this does not look like Unix to me. http://www.xerox.com/vids/3574_FFPS_Build/index.html
    Pretty sure if it was Unix I would not have gone with Fiery.

PS: Your right http://www.xerox.com/digital-printin.../V21DS-01U.pdf Why did I choose the Fiery?
    Last edited by Doyle; 03-15-2015 at 03:12 AM.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

the problem is, Xerox FreeFlow Print Server is in flux right now. For years it was on the Solaris platform, but then Xerox sold it to an offshore development company. The Solaris-based FFPS is dead man walking, and new FFPS are coming out on Windows.

That is, they call it FFPS but the new versions are missing many, many features that were established over the last 25 years.

Anyone who buys FFPS today risks wasting his dollars invested.

And new Xerox production gear coming out today doesn't even have FFPS available. Fiery only.

The message here is: if you're buying Xerox, come to love the Fiery.

As for stopping Java updates in Win7, no need to go to the registry. Just find the javacpl.exe (Program Files x86), right click, and Run as Administrator. Turn off updates, and voila.

Now ask me why EFI doesn't customize it this way to begin with. The answer is, I don't know--but they should. Fiery is run on Windows FES, which means EFI owns the OS and can pretty much customize it however they want. This is a customization that needs to be set up front.

Fiery is a RIP. Leave the OS updates turned off is my personal recommendation.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Adam - Can you expand on which Xerox Production Machines do not offer FFPS as a RIP - which models ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Hi Adam - Can you expand on which Xerox Production Machines do not offer FFPS as a RIP - which models ?
    Not sure about Xerox but all Fuji Xerox production machines currently out (J75, V2100, C800P, C1000P, iGen4 etc) currently offer both Freeflow and Fiery print servers

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Versant 80 and Color Press 1000i do not offer FFPS.

There's a distinct message there.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

You might wish to re read those Press Announcements - certainly is for the CP1000i ?

http://www.xerox.com/digital-printin...1000/enus.html

Versant 80 - I'll give you - but only because that is what is already in the public domain -
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Not out yet, and don't count on it.

Fiery available immediately.

Color 800i not available in US, either.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Not out yet, and don't count on it.

Fiery available immediately.

Color 800i not available in US, either.
    Versant 80 is a lower end production machine so only coming out with Fiery Bustled Rip option.
    Color 800/1000i is defintely getting FFPS here's the info (page 10)

http://www.fujixerox.co.nz/library/8...b2593505bb.cmr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast