+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CWS Crashes when clicking Properties

Default CWS Crashes when clicking Properties

Ever since the newest update, CWS crashes as soon as I try and access 'properties' on any file. Tried Windows restore to remove the update, uninstalling, and reinstalling. Nothing helps. Running Windows 7 Pro 64. Nothing else makes it crash , just Properties.

If you wait does CWS5 stay open? Does it just go Not responding or do nothing when you click on it?

If so, and assuming a Windows PC, Hold down the Windows key and tap the right or left keyboard arrow multiple times.

CWS5.7 causes a goofy issue where it spawns itself, and/or the job properties window on a secondary display, even if you don't have one installed.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Fairly certain we just solved this:

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...-Not-Appearing

But if this thread doesn't help please say so.

Dan

Default CWS 5.7 crashes on properties access

No, CWS5.7 just gives me the ladybug screen of apology and closes with the relaunch option. However I solved the problem by trashing CWS5.7(since there was no help offered from the monitors or programers; nobody wanted to address the problem) and reinstalling CWS5.3. Didn't need all those new bells and whistles anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Printerdrone View Post
    If you wait does CWS5 stay open? Does it just go Not responding or do nothing when you click on it?

If so, and assuming a Windows PC, Hold down the Windows key and tap the right or left keyboard arrow multiple times.

CWS5.7 causes a goofy issue where it spawns itself, and/or the job properties window on a secondary display, even if you don't have one installed.

Default CWS 5.7 crashes on properties access

Thanks but didn't help. I ended up uninstalling 5.7 and going back to 5.3. All works great now. I'll skip the updates from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDigital View Post
    Fairly certain we just solved this:

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...-Not-Appearing

But if this thread doesn't help please say so.

Dan

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

of course, CWS 5.7 needs SP1 to operate properly.

Installing SP1 is, unfortunately, not immediately obvious. Use Fiery Software Manager to manage this process. It is a two step process: download SP1 using Software Manager, andn then--once it's downloaded--press the Install button in Software Manager.

After it's installed and you've restarted, launch CWS and go to Help--About Plug-Ins--Job Properties, and make sure that the Job Properties version ends in 17. If it ends in 14, you don't have SP1 installed.

+ Reply to Thread