Thread: Fiery Command Workstation 5.7

Default Fiery Command Workstation 5.7 - Error message(s) when trying to view properties

Hi Everyone,

I am new on this forums, before I opened this topic I tried to find similar topics but unfortunately I could not find anything that was/is similar.

Printer: Konica Minolta C6501
    Fiery Command Workstation 5.7.0.29
    Fiery Command Workstation 5.3 (also used, but same problem)

Desktop;
    Both desktops are running Windows 8.1 (x64) fully updated and genuine.
    Office 2013 Home & Business x64 updated and genuine.
    Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign updated and genuine.

Since 2 weeks we have some serious problems with Fiery Command Workstation 5.7. We are not able anymore to see the preferences/setup of the printer, we receive the following error message:

"Function address 0x66c0e38c caused a protection fault. (Exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed"

The other computer gives the following message:
    "Function address 0x5455e38ccaused a protection fault. (Exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s0 may not be displayed"

What I already did, and what not solved the problem:
    - Installed Fiery Workstation 5.3.
    - Removed the printer and reinstall it.
    - DEP disabled (Data Execution Prevention)
    - sfc/scannow (maybe there was something wrong)
    - Reinstalled Windows 8.1 (still the same problem)
    - Used Google and Bing to find anything related but unfortunately nothing with the error codes.

All the other printers are working, we have also a Lexmark mx410 to print only some text which is working perfectly fine.

The other problem what we are facing is that we are not able to see the properties of the files in the printer from one PC. (the other one works perfectly)

The problem is getting quite urgent since we are not able to adjust the settings. (only in Illustrator it is possible)

We need help asap, because work is piling up.

Thanks,

Arjan
    Last edited by Arjan; 04-10-2015 at 02:31 PM.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

This sounds like a Java problem, as CWS uses Java to display Fiery Setup.

I had a look at our Command Workstation 5.7 instance today.

It runs
    • Apache 2.2.22
    • OpenSSL 0.9.8t
    • Ruby 1.9
    Even if it's not practical to upgrade to current branches straight away, the installer should be updated with Apache 2.2.29, OpenSSL 0.9.8zf and a currently supported Ruby branch.

Arjan,

When you say 'We are not able anymore to see the preferences/setup of the printer' - do you mean the configure tool? Can you let us know what exactly you are clicking?

If you do mean the configure tool, then we did have a problem with the original Rel 4.3 package (which included CWS 5.7) that caused this tool not to launch. However it is solved with Service pack 1 (available in Fiery Software Manager if not already installed).

You also mentioned "The other problem what we are facing is that we are not able to see the properties of the files in the printer from one PC. (the other one works perfectly)
    The problem is getting quite urgent since we are not able to adjust the settings. (only in Illustrator it is possible)"

Can you provide us with steps to reproduce this? I want to be sure exactly what is occurring.

Thanks,
    G.

I upgraded to the latest version of Java (update 45) but it did not solve the problem.

Didn't do anything with CW, and just removed the printer and installed it with this driver.
    https://o.cses.konicaminolta.com/fil...v412_e_add.zip

Now it works at least (able to print) but now the machine is nagging that the paper tray is not chosen correctly. (this was never an issue before)

Tomorrow I will go over to him again (its now 8.42PM)

To reproduce, its difficult since we already have it for several weeks now (and he was able to work around it, since there was a lot of work to finish)

The "only thing" I can tell you that I reinstalled Windows 8.1

Installed Windows 8.1 (core) (first fully updated)
    Installed MS Office, etc.
    Installed Java
    Installed FW5.7 and installing the printer afterwards (it installs with the default driver) and from there it does not work anymore. (have a feeling that maybe an update is creating this problem, will check it with my own laptop to see if it is working.)

I will keep you updated.

Arjan