Finisher SR5020
    Large capacity tray

Installed options in under Windows printer drivers:
    Finisher SR5020
    Large capacity tray
    punch unit 2 and 4 holes
    twin interposer

Hi fellow printers

I have a Richo Pro 1357ex and the punch function works fine when sending jobs via windows.
    When I drop PDFs into Command Workstation and select properties on the document I can select the punch option (left, right, top) but all punch hole options are greyed out.
    I've looked for a way in install a punch unit within workstation but I'm TOTALLY stumped.
    Any help would be appreciated. I'll be on here all day if you need any more info.

Thanks
    Jamie

This should work automatically, there is no way to configure CWS to see your punch option, it reads it from the connected device.

If this is not happening it's a bug, and I would recommend raising a case with tech support.

pmhapp is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor pmhapp is on a distinguished path

punch hole options are greyed out.
    What conflict does CWS report when you select one of the greyed out options?

conflict
    your current selection have cause following items to conflict with each other
    punch holes - 2 holes
    punch option - not installed

to return not the previous selection, click cancel

item current selection new selection
    punch option not installed punch unit 2 and 3 holes

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Cramehad View Post
    conflict
    your current selection have cause following items to conflict with each other
    punch holes - 2 holes
    punch option - not installed

to return not the previous selection, click cancel

item current selection new selection
    punch option not installed punch unit 2 and 3 holes
    looks familiar. I don't have a hole punch on my 1357ex, however, i have encountered times when a unit is greyed out. First thing i would do is completely shut down the server and printer, restart the server first then when it is fully loaded restart the printer. While it loading check to make sure all the wires in the back are in properly, a glance should be enough. If the option is still greyed out, go to CWS device center general info and look to the right and see if the device is listed. You've used it before so you know what to look for. if its not there, look to see if you need a patch or had a patch that may have removed it, it has happened to me when a patch came either out of order or not properly tested. After that i can only recommend talking to a tech or (last case) reloading software.

dan

Default Are hole punch positions adjustable?

I have a project that needs 2 hole punches spread very wide apart on the page. Does anyone know if the hole punch positions are adjustable on the Xerox C75? Also, I have an issue in that the document to be punched also has bleed and therefore must be run on an over-sized sheet. I'll have to cut it down before hole punching. I wish I could just run the cut pages back through the printer just for hole punching.

Can anyone think of solutions? Thanks for any ideas!
    Last edited by Talitha; 04-24-2015 at 11:24 AM.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Well, the EFI product wouldn't have anything to do with this. You might have a better chance at an answer on some Xerox-specific forums.

But overall, it looks like an offline solution is in your future.

Default Thanks

Good idea, I will post on the Xerox forums. Thanks!

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

On the Xerox C75 there is a certain amount of adjustment for the hole punch - but it is done in NVM- so an engineer call is required.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..