Thread: Unable to Access Fiery Features When Printing from OSX's Preview App

Default Unable to Access Fiery Features When Printing from OSX's Preview App

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to access the Fiery Features extension from Preview's print dialog box but with no success (see attached) because it's crossed out. It's accessible through other applications though, like InDesign, Illustrator and all that but just not OSX's Preview. I was wondering if there's anyone who's able to help me here?

Error message as follows:
    This Print Dialog Extensions could not be loaded because it has not been updated to run in this application's secure environment.

I'm running OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks)

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images  

You didn't mention which Fiery model and version you have, but based on the screen capture, I'm guessing that it is a Xerox EX 570.

Has this been happening since installation or did it recently occur? Are you using the driver that is available on the Fiery's WebTools?

You could download and install the latest Mac driver, which is compatible with Mac OS 10.6 - 10.10, from our driver download site at http://w3.efi.com/fiery/fiery-support/download.

You may have to use the Fiery Software Uninstall utility that comes with the driver package to remove the earlier version of the driver and printer. Then, make a clean install of the driver and add the printer again.