Thread: [Solved] Job Properties Not Appearing

Default [Solved] Job Properties Not Appearing

I've seen this problem posted several times and it's been nagging me the last few weeks so I wanted to post my solution for anyone else that may also be experiencing something similar.

I can't say what triggered it but when attempting to view Job Properties either by double clicking or via right click\"Properties...", CWS would appear to crash/freeze. Then I'd have to end task and start over.

Turns out the job properties window was appearing off screen.
    Pressing Windows Key + Left Arrow brought it back into view.
    Obviously this is the shortcut to move windows from screen to screen, so if that doesn't work for you try the right arrow instead.

Nice simple solution. Hope this helps anyone else out there.

CWS Version - 5.6.0.42
    Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1, 64-bit
    Intel Core i7-4600U
    8GB RAM
    Dual Monitors

Printfun is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Printfun is on a distinguished path

Thanks for the tip List.
    Sharing of solutions like that help everyone on the forum and can save us future headaches!

Thumbs up

I've had this same exact issue when switching on(dual monitor) and off(single monitor) of my docking station.

Hitting [esc] to dismiss the hidden dialog, closing then reopening CWS usually resolves this.

Thanks for the tip and I'll make sure to try it the next time it happens to me.

Wink Thank you

I made a fiery account just to tell you thanks. We racked our brains for hours trying to figure out this issue. When I found this post I wanted to cry! Thank you so much!

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

I've had something similar to this. I'd open properties but once the screen opened i couldn't affect it any. It hasn't been a problem because i'd just switch to another task in the Application bar on the bottom and then back to it and it worked. I have never had it go off screen; though i only have one screen.

Dan

Default Job Properties then Define Cover Not appearing

Hi all,

Similar issue as in this post, but slightly different.

Customer can open Job Properties, (Also can move this window around with the Windows + Left-Cursor or Windows + Right-Cursor

But this is more complex, as it is a pop up (Job Properties) and then a pop up (Define Cover)
    If you have this structure then the Windows + Left-Cursor or Windows + Right-Cursor will not work.
    When the screen is frozen, we can press ESC and it works again, so this tells me that the window must be open, but we can just not detect it.

I Did Close the CWS, Tried install CWS from 5.3 to the latest version 5.7 but same issue keeps appearing.

Actually asked customer to try some of the following tips:
    http://malektips.com/windows-7-move-...l#.VTmzJNKqrXZ

also tried:
    - Resizing the screen,
    - Disconnecting, and swapping screens,
    - Turning off, disconnecting the screen, reinstalling the application, and reattaching the screen
    - Switching user accounts
    - Task Manager - Bring to Front
    - Maximize the screen/dialog
    - Minimize all and Maximize all windows

If will find solution I will update this post.

thanks

Cheers

Remi
    Last edited by Remi.Bargmann; 04-23-2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: update troubleshoot steps

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

Hi there. We are running a Ricoh Pro C651EX on a Fiery S9R2 and I was installing the latest CWS on a client MAC (10.6.8) and the job properties window does not appear. We already installed the SP but itīs still the same. The funny thing is that job properties works when configuring hot folders but not in CWS, I wanted to try the method move window but I donīt know how to do it in a MAC. Any suggestions? Otherwise Iīll have to install FieryApplicationsPackage42.dmg.

EDIT: installing the older version also gave the same problem. I have found a version as early as V5.5 on the download site but is there a fix for the other problem?
    Last edited by stonemask; 05-22-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Hi stonemask,

Could you give us some more info?
    On the mac showing the problem, please copy the command below and paste into terminal

-R "/Library/Application Support/EFI" > ~/Desktop/efi.log

Then retrieve the efi.log file from the desktop, and send it to me.

Thanks,

Greta.

Quote Originally Posted by Remi.Bargmann View Post
    Customer can open Job Properties, (Also can move this window around with the Windows + Left-Cursor or Windows + Right-Cursor

But this is more complex, as it is a pop up (Job Properties) and then a pop up (Define Cover)
    If you have this structure then the Windows + Left-Cursor or Windows + Right-Cursor will not work.
    When the screen is frozen, we can press ESC and it works again, so this tells me that the window must be open, but we can just not detect it.
    This is tricky! Were you able to find a solution? I think what you need here is another shortcut to move a window which is Alt-Spacebar-M. Then use the arrow keys to move it little by little in any direction then enter to set it. Test it out on any window you can see to get a feel for it first.

More info here if you need it -
    http://www.cnet.com/news/use-your-ke...esize-windows/

Hopefully that helps!
    Last edited by A_List_of_Lists; 01-07-2016 at 09:32 AM.