Thread: Image Shift a Ganged-up Postcard

Default Image Shift a Ganged-up Postcard

I have a postcard that i have used the Gangup Layout command on, and would like to Image Shift it because the 2 sides are not lining up. Is there a way to do this? When I try I get an error message and I could have sworn I've done this before.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

In my experience, prior to System 10 you could impose, save it as a .dbp file, AND apply image shift in the job settings.

Come System 10, that's no longer possible.

Gangup, strictly speaking, isn't Impose--but it could be using the same stuff under the hood. Could this be your issue? Old system behavior vs new system behavior?

Can you use Impose to do the gangup and save as a .dbp file? You should then be able to apply Image Shift. I tested this on an FS-100 Fiery and it worked for me.

Can you tell us which Fiery model and version you are using?

Adam: I am able to save a .dbp file and apply image shift. Sometimes I prefer to use Gangup instead because it is simpler and faster, and also my coworkers can use it without the imposition dongle. I can't apply an image shift when I use the Gangup feature in Command Workstation, and I thought I used to be able to do that.

Also, I'm not sure what System 10 is. (I am using the most up-to-date version of Command Workstation though)

Bob_B: As I said above, your method does work. My Fiery model is E100 70-60C-KM PS Color Server (its attached to a Konica Minotla Digital Press C6000) and it is about 1.5 years old.