Thread: Masters (how to delete)

Default Masters (how to delete)

Hi Forum,

I have a Xerox CWS5 that crashes out when accessing or trying to delete Master print jobs.

The hard disk passes all its tests - including surface.

I would like to clear them all but selecting this in the GUI causes this lovely software to crash out with assertion errors.

Does any one know where the files (and indexes - if separate) are physically located in the Windows file system? Perhaps there is a master config or Registry entry that can be killed to fix this issue?

If not - its another reinstall.

Thanks in advance

ss

Can you provide more info such as which model and version of Xerox Fiery you have? Could you provide a configuration sheet?
    And steps to reproduce the problem?
    Last edited by Greta_C; 12-02-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Default manually delete free form masters??

Thanks for reply.

Can you tell me where the 'free form masters' are stored on the Fiery?
    Can you tell me how to delete these masters without using CWS?
    We are hoping to avoid reloading the Fiery PC again).

To recreate the problem, from Command Work Staion 5..
    1) Click 'Server' on menu bar - pull down menu appears
    2) Click 'Clear server' on pull down menu - new menu appears
    3) Select check box labelled 'Free Form Masters'
    4) Click OK

Fiery.exe crashes out with assertion error. This also occurs if you try to use the corrunpted master to run a job. Non currupted masters process without problems. We are hoping there is a user with enough technical/IT knowlege to know where and how these masters are stored.

The Fiery is an EXP50 and the Xerox is a 5000AP

I have eight sides of configuration - mostly spectrometer information, which pages do you require?

Thanks

ss
    Last edited by shelfstacker; 12-03-2014 at 03:41 AM.

Please - there must a guru or even a tecchie user who knows how and where the "free form masters" are stored.

Please help and save me from yet another Fiery reinstall !!

Instead of using the clear server approach, can you look in the VDP Resources tab (found in Device Center: Resource)? Once you are there, expand the FreeForm tab to see all of the FreeForm masters on your system. Then you should be able to select and delete the desired FreeForm master individually.

I would not recommend deleting the individual job from the Fiery server's file system; if you are facing some corruption now, removing the file manually is not likely to improve the situation.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Following your guide, there is "free form" but no mention of "free form masters".

I have deleted the enteries under "free form" (from the VDP as described in your post) but the problems remains (Clear server still crashes out).

Its a real shame no one knows how or where the masters are stored? I suppose that information is only known by developers.

Thanks anyway - it was good of you to take the time to answer.

Best Wishes.
    Last edited by shelfstacker; 12-12-2014 at 05:23 AM.