Thread: Fiery server LED stuck at "STARTING UP..."

Default Fiery server LED stuck at "STARTING UP..."

We were running along just fine this morning and in the middle of a job our Fiery server lost connection to our Xerox 700, all of a sudden. Not able to print now.

We have shut down both machine and server, waiting a good 5 minutes then rebooted X700, this came up just fine. Then rebooted Fiery server, able to login, XP standard pops up, boot up CWS and then when we go to log in to server "unable to connect".

I was able to ping the server so I know it's out there but it's like a service didn't come on our something.

Any ideas?

Sorry to hear that you're having issues. First I need to ask you about a statement you made: "rebooted X700, this came up just fine. Then rebooted Fiery server" Are you referring to the X700 as the IOT/copier? I'm going to assume that and start from there. The IOT/Xerox Copier and Fiery server should be started up at as close to the same time as possible. The IOT may have gone looking for the Fiery and not found it. It should normally recover, but...... Also, did you have any dongles in the USB ports when you did the reboot. I wouldn't think this was your issue as the machine booted properly. I think you should start by shutting everything down, removing any USB drives and starting everything up together. If that doesn't work, reply back and we'll go from there.
    Thanks, Craig

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Following on from Craig - when you say X700 I am assuming you mean the IOT [engine] ? since you log on I would assume that the RIP is an EX700 [ i.e External RIP - not a bustled Fiery (box that sits on the back) ]. Do you have CWS 4 or 5 loaded on the RIP ?? If you can ping the server - fine-does the Command Bar [ Blue Strip across top say Ready? ] - if it does why not delete your Fiery & then let it search for it again ? - then try re-logging in again ????

As always with most of these posts -there is such scant information given - that at best all that can be offered is a "guess".. there are a lot of people on this forum that can give you a very detailed answer to most questions - if the question asker cannot be bothered to fill in the rudimentary.. i.e what RIP / Machine / Vendor etc..

I do this for a living with Xerox & where possible will always try & impart my knowledge - however I grow ever more weary of having to ask the same questions on every post... surely if you want help - then give as much info as possible ?? isn't that just Common Sense ??

Moderators: Is there not a way of forcing each "Poster" to populate a which RIP - IOT - Vendor - Software Level - CWS loaded ? & whether on RIP etc prior to posting ??
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 07-14-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Default Xerox 700 and Fiery CMD workstation 5.3

Xerox 700/ Fiery Server with Command Work station 5.3, with full Color Profiler Suite.

Xerox tech was on site yesterday and had to re-install Linux OS with Windows Standard on top along with combined package features.

Basically it ended up being a reinstall, we did not try removing the USB dongles though, that would of been a good thing to try first.

We are back up.

Exclamation efi Fiery stuck on starting up on Xerox 1000

I have Xerox 1000 color press and an efi Fiery with CWS 5.5. The other day we had a power surge for about 2 seconds at most. The xerox and all the computers are fine but the fiery will not get passed starting up. We have tried shutting down and rebooting all the machines in the order of start up and computers and we even removed all dongles and usb attachments. It is still stuck on starting up. I'm not sure what to try next. The Windows system we are running is Windows 7xp. I even pinged the server and the computers and that all works. Please help.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Have you got a service contract with Xerox ? if so the easiest thing would be to log a Service Call & get one of the Guys in to give the Fiery the once over.

If not do you have Clone Image on the Erive ? if you have you will see a Clone_Image directory on the E: Drive which you you can use clone back to the last time it presumably worked - bear in mind you will lose everything presently on your Fiery & please make sure you remove the Seequence USB Dongle before cloning back.

If none of this is available - and you still get the fiery still showing Starting - I think a Full reload will be the only other course left open to you..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..