Thread: CWS crashes when trying to open/export/look at properties of an output profile

Inkworksfc is offline Fiery Certified Professional Inkworksfc is on a distinguished path

Question CWS crashes when trying to open/export/look at properties of an output profile

I am trying to clean up some of the profiles I have created for our Canon IRC-ADV 9065. When I go to devices -> resources -> profiles and open up a specific profile under my output profiles CWS crashes. All I have to do is select the profile for it to crash. I've tried selecting multiple files including the problematic file and exporting it but still crashes. Pretty much cant do anything with the profile except see it in the output tab in CWS and color profiler suite. I'm pretty sure the profile is corrupt but I have not found any options to delete it. Other than using CWS is there a way to delete the profile? I'm on a PC and using CWS 5.6.0.24.

Inkworksfc is offline Fiery Certified Professional Inkworksfc is on a distinguished path

Exclamation Anyone?

Still haven't heard anything and its been months since this was posted. Moderators or anyone have a solution for this?

shmegenke is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor shmegenke is on a distinguished path

Have you tried overwriting the bad profile? If not, try overwriting it with a known "Good" profile using the import function using the same exact name as the profile you are trying to overwrite (as long as the profile isn't locked). You will get a dialog that asks if you want to replace existing profile or if you want to rename it. Then, delete that profile if you don't want it on your system.

If the profile is locked, you'll have no choice but to do a system sw reload - and would probably also do well to update the latest version of CWS on EFI's website - 5.6.0.42 I believe.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

I had something similar to print jobs that somehow got corrupted. Just clicking on them crashed the fiery server. I think this was so because it tried to preview it. To fix it i had to select surrounding files and hit delete. Maybe something like that will be neccessary here. Have to tried to remove the file from windows/mac rather than from CWS. Don't know if that would work. You could try opening the corrupted file in another fiery app like Color profiler suit. Or use the suite to overwrite that file like shmegenke said.

dan

Nothing seemed to work. Tried everything suggested but the profiles would not go away. Could have been a system issue because the Fiery started preventing files from being sent over and CW5 became slow if not even usable after connecting to the printers fiery. An IT guy came out to reinstall the system clearing all or old profiles. Reformat was the solution.