Thread: APPE ticker?

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

Default APPE ticker?

Hello, I am a Ricoh technical engineer and I am a EFI Expert. And yesterday I was helping a colleague on a Xerox J75 FS100PRo. While on it, I noticed that the APPE was on by default for all jobs. From my experience, that is not a good thing and I decided to do what I do on my Ricoh machines. I enable the APPE but itīs not on by default. On per job basis, the customer can enable it if he wants to by checking the tick box in job properties (System 9R2). But I canīt find that tick box on the FS100PRO. Is it some place else? Or does it only affect submitted jobs after itīs been changed?

Thanks.

Hm, this went into the wrong category. Sry, can a mod move it? I canīt seem to be able to delete it.
    Last edited by stonemask; 10-30-2014 at 02:03 AM. Reason: whoops!

You can correct the behavior by going into Config/PDL/Adobe PDF Print Engine and deselect "Use Adobe PDF Print Engine Preferred as default for PDF jobs"
    Thanks, Craig

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    You can correct the behavior by going into Config/PDL/Adobe PDF Print Engine and deselect "Use Adobe PDF Print Engine Preferred as default for PDF jobs"
    Thanks, Craig
    hi craig, sry I didnīt see your response since I wanted this thread post to be deleted since I canīt do that.

but yes, I went into configure and it was enabled for both being on and as a default for all jobs

my problem was that I couldnīt select it in job properties, and I noticed when I was submitting my own pdf file, then it was selectable, then I realized the customer sent all his jobs to CWS by the means of PS, so it cannot be APPE ripped of course

but thx for a prompt reply.