Thread: Internal Fiery Buffer?

Default Internal Fiery Buffer?

I searched but could not find a similar topic. Apologies if this is redundant.

I have a Fiery server and a Konica Minolta Bizhub C7000. I use both Printshop Mail and InDesign to send files to the Fiery Command Workstation and then to the printer. A few days ago I sent a variable job from PSM to the Hold Queue with 3000 records and a double sided image. Rather than have all the records in a single Fiery job the Fiery software began splitting the job into 7 image chunks. Each chunk would enter the hold queue every five minutes or so. When I realized what had happened I deleted them from the hold queue as they were added. The job had fully processed through PSM. Is there some way to delete such queued jobs from wherever they were prior to entering the hold queue? This problem led to a fatal crash and now the Fiery server will not reboot. (Tech support is coming to reimage the server).

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

To clarify: CWS is simply a window into what you're doing on the Fiery. Jobs do not go into CWS and then into the printer; they go directly into the printing system (which consists of the Fiery for RIP and the engine for printing), and you see what's happening. That's all.

To your problem, PSM sends via the print driver, correct? So it sounds like a queueing issue on your computer. If you open the printer on your computer, you might see these chunks.

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Are you printing from PSM using Optimized PostScript? Or what?

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    To clarify: CWS is simply a window into what you're doing on the Fiery. Jobs do not go into CWS and then into the printer; they go directly into the printing system (which consists of the Fiery for RIP and the engine for printing), and you see what's happening. That's all.

To your problem, PSM sends via the print driver, correct? So it sounds like a queueing issue on your computer. If you open the printer on your computer, you might see these chunks.
    Yes, thank you. This was the issue. I was lulled off this when the printer did not show in the task bar but loading it did let me cancel the hung job.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
    Are you printing from PSM using Optimized PostScript? Or what?
    Yes.