Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Color Profiler Support of the Full Width Array on the Versant 2100

With the latest Fiery controllers and CWS 5.6 you can set the amount of calibration sheets printed by creating a custom media with custom calibration settings. Here are the steps:

In CWS go to the Device Center tab,
    General tab,
    Tools tab,
    Under Calibrate click on the "Manage" button,
    Click the "Create New" button,
    Name:  Calib1.png
Views: 2034
Size:  785.8 KB
    Select a media to start from,
    Then click Continue,
    Give the custom media a name,
    Click on the "Properties" button.
    Name:  calb2.PNG
Views: 2040
Size:  787.2 KB
    Select the Job Info tab.
    Set the number of copies to "5" (or what quantity you want).
    Name:  Calb3.PNG
Views: 1951
Size:  755.3 KB
    I would also go to the Media tab and set all of your stock settings,
    Then continue thru the rest of the Wizard,
    It will make you do a initial calibration,
    Save the new custom media.

From then on when you calibrate with the custom media created above selected it will print multiple calibration sheets.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

I understand this and this is how I am presently doing it but I don't quite consider this a true warmup sheet in the same way as a full page warmup sheet like when request in Color Profiler.

I sent a request on your behalf to our development team as a feature request. Thank you for the feed back.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_J View Post
    I sent a request on your behalf to our development team as a feature request. Thank you for the feed back.
    Thanks

Given the fact that the first sheet or two off the Versant are not consistent a question I have been wondering, how many sheets in does the array start reading when doing a calibration with the array.

Kdw75 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kdw75 is on a distinguished path

We have had a couple of engine updates on our machine, since it was installed last October, and we still haven't gotten the color to remain stable. It's getting better, but still needs work.

I really had hoped that the FWA would be more useful for maintaining accurate colors during a run. I had hoped that we could set it to print and read a calibration sheet every so many sheets during the run to eliminate color drift, and increase productivity.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

I had hoped that we could set it to print and read a calibration sheet every so many sheets during the run to eliminate color drift, and increase productivity.
    Konica Minolta does that.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Adam - Thought this was a vendor neutral forum ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Yes, it's no doubt working as intended. The FWA is not meant to REPLACE a spectro in a standalone running of CPS. It's meant to be used only in the automated RIP-based "make me a calibration set and then a custom output profile" workflow when it comes to profiling.
    So, adam1991, you have not to be confused, that Calibration set is created prior to Profile. That is not correct. You have to create draft profile with CPS first. This will give your Calibration profile 4 target densities for you to be able to complete the calibration. After this, after you have completed the calibration for new media, you may calibrate your Fiery with FWA or ES2000.
    But remember: draft output profile first! calibration is the second.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanOko View Post
    So, adam1991, you have not to be confused, that Calibration set is created prior to Profile. That is not correct. You have to create draft profile with CPS first. This will give your Calibration profile 4 target densities for you to be able to complete the calibration. After this, after you have completed the calibration for new media, you may calibrate your Fiery with FWA or ES2000.
    But remember: draft output profile first! calibration is the second.
    I have been running Fiery RIPs and using Fiery Color Profiler/CPS for many years and have never seen Draft Output Profile. Please explain where this is selectable or what you are referring too.

A calibration built with the ES-2000 is not the same as a calibration with the FWA. What ever calibration you built the profile with is the method you need to use to re-calibrate. Your printed results will not be correct if your profile was built off an ES-2000 calibration and then you re-calibrate using the FWA.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

And that's my experience, but what do I know.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast