Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moving Imposition Templates from CW4 to CW5

GarethO is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor GarethO is on a distinguished path

Default Moving Imposition Templates from CW4 to CW5

I am about to upgrade an Imagepress A1100 server from CW4 to CW5.

We have quite a few custom imposition templates which we need to run with CW5.

When I update the server using the update function in CW4 with all of these templates be lost?

There is an option to give a path for imposition templates in CW5, but no such obvious path in CW4 so I am not sure which directory these templates actually stored in. I am happy to copy them into the new location if I knew where they are on the (windows) server on CW4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

CWS5 can co-exist with CWS4 on the same machine--last I knew you chose that option at the time you install CWS5--so there's no harm in slowly migrating to CWS5.

So this lets you try it to see what happens.

GarethO is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor GarethO is on a distinguished path

I know the latest version of CW5 runs on the server as I have installed on a PC and connected remotely. Everything works fine, except getting those templates into CW5.

You should be able to move your Impose templates from CWS4 and use them in CWS5 by the following:

If you copy imposition templates from the CWS4 location (found in the Imposition_Settings directory defined in the CWS4 preferences) to the CWS5 location (as defined in the CWS5 preferences) and add the extension .dbt, the imposition templates can be accessed from within CWS5.

-Mike

Thanks for that.

Now my issue is I have icons in my templates list and I want a word list.

How can I change this?

Make sure you update to the latest version of Command WorkStation 5 available from efi.com/cws5. If you download the Fiery Extended Applications Package v4.2 you will get CWS5.6. We updated the impose template list a release or two back to show a list instead of by icon, as strongly requested by feedback on the forum

-Mike

My tech told me that 5.6 is buggy on the C6000 and suggested I run 5.3. Is there I way I can do it in 5.3?

5.6 is not buggy. We did have a hiccup with Impose on the first 5.6 to ship, but we fixed it right away with a service pack.

So if you install the latest 5.6 you should be fine.

5.3 is an ancient build which we no longer support, and has far less bug fixes in it than 5.6.

I have asked him to clarify exactly what he thinks the issues are.

I should hear from him on Monday.

I will see what he has to say, then possibly install the latest version.

It looks like I can't install 5.6 as I'm running 8r2.

We really can't use impose with thumbnails as it cuts off most of the text.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast