+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Save Password and Username???

Default Save Password and Username???

I just got the Fiery Drivers installed for my large office to print. We use user control on the machine to print the job. However, right now each user is required to enter the username and password each time he or she prints. Is there a way to store the password in the print dialog on user authentication under job info?

90% mac environment. OSX 10.9 Mavericks.
    Last edited by drewmehta; 08-12-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Hi drewmehta,

The user accounting fields that show up in the driver will be a bit different depending on which OEM and Fiery model you connect to.

Can you give us you Fiery model name and version number, so we can look yours up?

Thanks,
    G.

Default Version and Model

We are using the Fiery on a Sharp MX-6500. The Fiery server is MX-PE10. The version is 1.1.

Thank you!!!

Default User ID not passing through without intervention

I'm having a similar issue when using Adobe Illustrator (CS5) in a MAC environment as well. I'm able to get around this by entering the User ID under the Fiery Features/Job Info section and then saving this as a preset.

The only problem I run into is that I have go into this section, each time I want to print. I have to select "print" from printer settings and then select "Print" again in the application print dialog box. If I don't follow this order, the printer outputs an "Invalid Accounting ID" error page and discards the job. Not sure how to take out this extra step and am hoping that someone on this thread may have the answer to this as well.

Device/Environment Info
    OS MAC OSx.6 asnd OSX.7
    Xerox WorkCentre 7545 (with Fiery Network Controller for WorkCentre 7500 Series)

Thank you, pfazin. I actually just figured out at least that trick a few days ago. I really hope that the driver can hold the account code. We had an older Fiery Server several years ago on another machine that held the code just fine!

I will let you know if learn of a better way.

Default Similar Issue: Job Accounting

I am having the same issue. I have a SHARP MX-6500N and a Fiery MX-PE10 - V. 1.1 FS100 Pro. I can enter account codes into the printer to account for copies, but it does not allow me to print from the Fiery. If I use the notes in Fiery, I am not able to account for copies. I need to be able to account for both for billing purposes as I have 70 different departments that I print for and bill to. Please help!

Default Hello I am having same issue was this problem resolved ?

Am I missing something I don't see the fix for this?

+ Reply to Thread