Thread: Duplex Printing with Single Page Documents

Hybrid View

Default Duplex Printing with Single Page Documents

I'm wanting to print a single page document duplex. Is this possible with CWS5?

Our dept. is looking to reduce file sizes of our documents. I was hoping that the above was possible so we wouldn't have to create our documents with duplicate pages / artboards.

So:

1 page document => 2 page duplex print

not

2 page document => 2 page duplex print

I hope this makes sense.
    Thanks

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Forgive me - I am not following what you are trying to achieve here ? you have a single page pdf for example & if you printed it, you would get 1 x sheet of paper with an image & 1 click on your printer meter reading -

If you were to somehow print a single page duplex i.e single sheet of paper with an image either side - with 2 x clicks on your printer meter reading - not sure why you would want this ?

You mention about reducing file size ? do you mean removing blank pages from your files ? so the file size reduces..?

Do you have a real life example of what you are trying to achieve that perhaps, better explains your question?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

if I read this correctly, what you want is a two-sided poster with the same artwork on both sides.

And you'd like the ability simply to send ONE page of the artwork, and have it printed on both sides of the paper? IOW, you want the artwork repeated.

Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    if I read this correctly, what you want is a two-sided poster with the same artwork on both sides.

And you'd like the ability simply to send ONE page of the artwork, and have it printed on both sides of the paper? IOW, you want the artwork repeated.

Is that correct?
    Yes. Essentially I want to send a 1 page document and have it print on both sides.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

The only way I know of to repeat a document page is through Impose--and within that, you can only repeat an image on a surface. You can repeat an image across multiple surfaces.

Overall, the Fiery works with document pages. If there's no page to work with, the Fiery can't pull it out of thin air.

If you have Impose, you can certainly do this manually with CWS. It's easy to create a duplicate document page. But it is a manual process. At that point, the Fiery then has two pages to work with, and you'd get what you want.

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Not a Fiery solution, but there are Acrobat plugins (PDF Snake and Quite Imposing Plus for example) that can do this (gotta be PDF documents though).