Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jobs Not Printing as Imposed

Default Jobs Not Printing as Imposed

I'm currently developing a list of bugs in the current software (it's approaching a dissertation) but there is a major problem at present. When I drop a PDF into the Hold queue and Impose it, everything looks OK on screen. However, when I print, the individual items are shifted.

For example, when printing business cards we design then, make a PDF/X with 3mm bleed all round and drag it into the hold queue. We then impose these 5 x 5 on an SRA3 sheet, with 2mm gutters for trimming. Everything looks great on screen with the design centred in its position. When we print, the items move from being centred in their position, to being cropped from the bottom left. I've attached two images, one is a screenshot of the Imposition on the Fiery, the other is a scan of what prints. I've put a border on the 85mm x 55mm business cards so you can see what is happening.

The preview shows the job correctly too, it is only when it is printed that it goes wrong. Why is this?

Screenshot of Impose

Name:  Impose2.jpg
Views: 2473
Size:  150.9 KB

Scan of Print

Name:  00000001.JPG
Views: 2278
Size:  91.0 KB

Hi Scarrot,

Please provide us with the Fiery/printer you are experiencing the issue on. Also what is the system software version, CWS and Impose/Compose version?

Thanks,
    Nanette

Sorry, that would have been helpful of me!

It's a Xerox J75 with the EX Print Server showing version "FS100 Pro", with CWS5 (5.6.0.24) and Impose/Compose 4.6.0.33

Hope that's all the right things i've given you. I wasn't too sure about where to find the system software version.

Any chance you could share the PDF you've experiencing the shifting issue with once ripped?

Nanette

Scarrott check you personal email on the forum. I sent you a message.
    Nanette

I've responded to the message, thanks for looking into this.

Thank Scarrott, I've download your zip and we're looking into the issue.

One last item, could you please sent to me a configuration of your Fiery server?

Device Center-> General-> Server Configuration-> Save As......

Enter a file name and export as PDF.

thanks,
    Nan

No problem. File is attached.
    Attached Images

Hi Scarrott,

Quick question for you .
    Prior to printing the imposed job are you opening it in job properties and making any changes?

Thanks,
    Nanette

Not on the jobs these jobs, no. Everything we need for those jobs can be set in Impose (imposition layout, paper type, tray and duplex) so we didn't need to access properties at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast