Thread: Just the exe file

Default Just the exe file

Is there any way to download the exe file alone for CWS updates? I don't have the ability to go to the web to check for updates.

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

I was just asking the same thing:

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...taller-missing.

I managed to download the package, but canīt install it.

We have a beefy firewall here that won't allow the machine to go out to the web for updates. I don't see any reason for the download to begin by checking for updates when you already know you need one. All I need it to do is execute!!!

Hi,
    If you are running Fiery Software Manager, you can specify whether it automatically checks for updates or not. If you can only check occasionally, then you have an option to manually check for updates directly from within Fiery Software Manager. When it finds it, it can then download and install the software for you.

That's the best way to stay current with the updated software. We also make a copy available in the (at Download Center when it's not possible for a client to connect to the internet and get updates automatically.
    -Mike

Default URL to the download center

Hi Mike,

Your reply was just what I think we need. However, when I clicked on the link to the Download Center the page wouldn't open. I suspect that even that website might be blocked. Can you provide the URL so that I can copy it into my browser?

I sent you a private message with help for your question.

We have added the Fiery Extended Applications Package v4.2.0.341 to the Download Center. This package has Command WorkStation 5.6 Service Pack 1 built into it.