Thread: Moving Impose Licence from a 'dead' PC?

Lightbulb Moving Impose Licence from a 'dead' PC?

Looking for some help with a hypothetical question.

If I have a PC with an Impose licence installed and the PC goes down can I then temporarily activate this licence on another PC until the original PC is fixed? Don't need to have Acrobat or Pit Stop etc. on the temp PC, just the ability to carry on with the imposition of PDFs.

I know that the licence can be manually activated/deactivated but how do you deactivate a licence if access to the original PC is denied?

Can the licence file created for manual activation/deactivation be saved for future use?

Hi,
    If the Impose license is activated on a PC, then it cannot be activated on another PC until it is deactivated on the first PC.

The manual deactivation/reactivation steps are only designed for situations where the first PC is not connected to the internet. When you begin the manual deactivation process, the license is deactivated on the PC (when the Request file is generated). It won't be available for activation on another PC until the Request file has been uploaded to licensing.efi.com. Once it has been uploaded to licensing.efi.com and processed, only then will the license be available for use on another computer.

If the PC has failed and you need to move the license to another PC, then we would need to work through the support teams to make the license available for activation again. To do this step, it's necessary to have the original LAC, which is why it's a good idea to save the original LAC number in a safe place (possibly on the paper it originally came on).

Note: this only applies to the Impose, Compose, and JobMaster LACs. For the Fiery options installed directly on the Fiery itself (like the Graphic Arts Premium Package Edition), the LAC cannot be deactivated and can be recovered from a Fiery server by a support technician in the event of a catastrophic failure on the Fiery server itself.

-Mike

Thanks for your response. It has confirmed what I suspected would be the case.