+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Command Workstation Disconnecting

Default Command Workstation Disconnecting

We are having problems with the CWS staying connected to our Xerox machines. At first it was a couple of times a day but now we have to reconnect almost every time we want to use the queue. Moving a job from one queue to another immediately disconnects. Sometimes it says the IP address is wrong, but if we keep trying it eventually will work. This is an enormous hinderance to our productivity.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

OffsetH -

Understand you frustration - a considerable hinderance to getting a response might well be that you have told us zip about you setup ?

All we know is disconnect & Xerox -

So from the top:

1. Which Xerox devices
    2. External / Bustled RIP's - if external do they have a faci kit ? i.e Monitor / Mouse..?
    3. CWS - you mention - which one ? if CWS 5 which version ?
    4. Have your RIP(s) been reloaded recently ? are they fully patched yes / no?
    5. Where is the disconnect from, is it from the CWS loaded on the Fiery RIP ? when this happens to you see "Exited" in the top left hand corner ?
    6. If the disconnect is from CWS loaded on a local client - which is it MAC / PC which OS versions ? how many external clients connect to a single Fiery at anyone time ?

There are lots more questions - but lets start with these...
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    OffsetH -

Understand you frustration - a considerable hinderance to getting a response might well be that you have told us zip about you setup ?

All we know is disconnect & Xerox -

So from the top:

1. Which Xerox devices
    2. External / Bustled RIP's - if external do they have a faci kit ? i.e Monitor / Mouse..?
    3. CWS - you mention - which one ? if CWS 5 which version ?
    4. Have your RIP(s) been reloaded recently ? are they fully patched yes / no?
    5. Where is the disconnect from, is it from the CWS loaded on the Fiery RIP ? when this happens to you see "Exited" in the top left hand corner ?
    6. If the disconnect is from CWS loaded on a local client - which is it MAC / PC which OS versions ? how many external clients connect to a single Fiery at anyone time ?

There are lots more questions - but lets start with these...
    I apologize if this seems a bit vague. This workflow system was set up and running long before I joined the team, so I will do my best to answer as completely as I can.

Conica C6500, and C8000. We have a third Conica machine but it seems to be more stable and less likely to lose connection than the other two.

External PC RIP with its own monitor and mouse running efi hotfolders3.

CWS 5.6.0.24

I believe they are up to date.

The disconnect happens in the CWS software, at the individual workstations.

The client machines are 3 Macs running 10.7.5 or higher and a PC running Win7. There are four stations total, which hasn't been a problem up until this issue.

Again, any insight would be appreciated.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Do the other clients also loose connection at the same time or does this only happen on the computer where you've initiated a specific action?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Everyone looses the connection at the same time.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Try looking at the Fiery Bar (the blue one at the top on your Fiery server's desktop). Does it say something like "Stopped" or "Starting" at this time?
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

No, nothing. For all the server knows, everything is working fine.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

OK - No Xerox Printers ! Oxident seems to have this hand..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    OK - No Xerox Printers ! Oxident seems to have this hand..
    Chew. Thanks for that

First of all, we need more information about the exact environment: You're talking about KM C6500 and C8000? I guess the latter one uses an IC3600, doesn't it? What about the C6500?

It sounds a little bit curious that all of them suffer the same problem although they are quite different. Could you check the network topology? Maybe one critical infrastructure point (central switch?) has a defect causing a connection drop under high load.

What happens if you do the same steps directly on one of the servers?

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

Sounds like a network problem .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast