Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Impose Job not making booklets

steveclv is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor steveclv is on a distinguished path

Default Impose Job not making booklets

I am trying desperately to get Impose to create a booklet with the correct finishing but everytime I Impose a job and set it to do Booklet Saddle Left and then print it, it never folds and staples. I have to deselect the Impose option in the Layout section of the Job Properties and use the manual settings to enable Fold & Staple

Is this the normal workflow?

When creating a folder single page, I can set that up in the EDIT section of Impose and it works just fine - it's just the booklet making.

What informs Impose of the printer capabilities? Is there a setting maybe that isn't set correctly.

Very frustrated with it at the moment

After you save your imposed job, go into properties/Finishing and choose Output Tray = Booklet then scroll down to folding and stapling options

steveclv is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor steveclv is on a distinguished path

That would have been what I expected but as you can see from the screenshot when I select Booklet tray, I don't see any options for folding and stapling.

It's very confusing and this is the latest Mac version of CWS 5.6

Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 2545
Size:  380.7 KB

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

On any of my Fiery based printers I always have to enable center fold and stapling separately to have the booklets correctly finished... Maybe there are those settings but you didn't find them yet.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Steveclv -

Can you do me a favour - from previous posts I gather you have an external Fiery ? in which case do you see the same behaviour when you open the job properties on the Fiery itself ? i.e. is the Fold / Staple icon missing from the Finishing tab on the properties...?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Yes, external EX260 Fiery running XPe and CWS 5.3.1 and exactly the same issues and layout under finishing.

The strange thing is that if I use the regular Print Driver on my Mac, I get Printer Features from which I can select from Media1,2,3, Colorwise1,2,3,Finishing1,2,3 etc etc

Under Layout1, I see Booklet Maker and inside this I see Saddle and as long as I have duplex set I can set it to Saddle - so the print driver seems to have all the options available - just that CWS and Impose do not.

CWS does show that I have a professional finisher attached.

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    On any of my Fiery based printers I always have to enable center fold and stapling separately to have the booklets correctly finished... Maybe there are those settings but you didn't find them yet.
    The only time I see those fold&staple options is under Layout when I deselect Impose and then select Normal - but I was under the impression that I should be able to setup the booklet and saddle from inside Impose.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Ahh, yes, I remember that Xerox does this a little bit more complicated than KM does.

I guess that's indeed a problem with the way, EFI implemented those Impose templates. The only way telling the printer to do half fold with stapling seems to be using "Normal" layout instead of "Impose" layout.

So I guess you need to use the full blown Impose/SeeQuence plugin to create the brochure and save it as a DBP file. Then you can select the appropriate options in the layout tab (because the imposition has already been done).
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    So I guess you need to use the full blown Impose/SeeQuence plugin to create the brochure and save it as a DBP file. Then you can select the appropriate options in the layout tab (because the imposition has already been done).
    Where do I get the plugin? I'm using Impose inside of CWS 5.6 but didn't realize there was anything different - I have the Impose dongle.

Yes, then you should have everything you need.

Just right-click on a job (Hold queue; not yet processed) and choose "Impose..."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast