Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Impose Job not making booklets

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

As per my previous post - the CWS screenshots are from a MAC - do you see the same when you do exactly the same but in Job Properties on the Fiery itself ? i.e is it a problem with the Fiery not seeing the finishing options on the DC242 ? or is it an issue specific to CWS loaded on the MAC..?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

steveclv is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor steveclv is on a distinguished path

No, the same issue applies on both the Macs (5.6) and the Server itself (5.3) so I understand that it's a Fiery issue rather than a CWS issue.

I think we are going to have to look at the hot folder solution with a pre-imposed PDF

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

I've also tested it with a DC252 (bustled Fiery) with current CWS 5.6 on Windows. Same problem.
    In the past, where those machines were "up to date" I already told Xerox that these kind of finishing option were misplaced and therefore difficult to find and understand.

I also complained that I always need to print the booklet with reverse page order.

But you all may guess Xerox' response ;-)
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Oxident,

Just like the last time - please give me all relevant log details you raised - I can then track ?

We can all "bang on" about experiences with different vendors on an open forum - that is easy - there seems to be an undertow about Xerox ? give me the log numbers you personally raised & I will look at them.

If as I suspect - these aren't immediately forthcoming ? perhaps temper your posts to what you know - rather than how you feel ?

Steveclv,

Perhaps take a step back - a DC242 connected to an EX260 - if memory serves has a D3 (?) finisher attached - have you tried loading tray 2 with A4 SEF & then scanning a couple of pages SEF & creating a booklet via the copier does this work...?

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Hi Oxident,

Just like the last time - please give me all relevant log details you raised - I can then track ?

We can all "bang on" about experiences with different vendors on an open forum - that is easy - there seems to be an undertow about Xerox ? give me the log numbers you personally raised & I will look at them.

If as I suspect - these aren't immediately forthcoming ? perhaps temper your posts to what you know - rather than how you feel ?
    I know what you mean. If it sounds like a general blame on Xerox, I apologize but indeed, I never got any positive response on any of my requests about RIP- oder firmware-related incidents. And trust me, there were plenty of them:
    - random reboots after technician installed system software 1.1 on a bustled DC250
    -- hotline told me, that's a known problem and I should rather buy a DC252

- Xerox 4110 overwrites existing files if they exceed a specific file name length
    -- try to avoid more than 20 characters

- decurler of one of our DC252 produces paper jams
    -- technician just disabled the decurler completely

- print jobs submitted through port 9100 often showed up as 0 byte job
    -- hotline told me to use IPP

And there are plenty more examples. Actually, they are up to seven years in the past but believe me, I never ever got any ticket or log number!

Canon and KM are way more customer orientated, at least in my region. KM even opened a log for a problem which was my own fault/misunderstanding.

And according to this specific problem, I can remember that I tried to explain this to one of russian call center employees in the beginning of 2008. She doesn't even understand a bit of what I was trying to say but as soon as I confirmed that fold&staple actually works, she refused to escalate it any further.

I really want to avoid spreading bad reputation against Xerox but the OP asked why no one ever complained about this problem at the time, those machines were in market...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

steveclv is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor steveclv is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Steveclv,

Perhaps take a step back - a DC242 connected to an EX260 - if memory serves has a D3 (?) finisher attached - have you tried loading tray 2 with A4 SEF & then scanning a couple of pages SEF & creating a booklet via the copier does this work...?
    Ah, memory leaks with old age LOL - SRN-4 finisher.

Setting up booklet making with the copier works great - except that it's 'copied' pages and not first generation print.

My EX260 refers to my printer as a DC250 rather than a DC242 - could that be an issue or not?

Default Same Problem Here

Hi steveclv

I am a very experienced efi user, in fact I've been training people for years.

My boss sent me to a site with your exact config. to train the client on impose.

I have exactly the same issue. I can not make a booklet which will fold and staple. it appears that some "buttons" are missing.

I can make a booklet by just scanning documents in and using the xerox interface. and I know in the past (this is a second user machine) that the last customer could make books, but I can not get the software to work.

Please EFI look into this and give me and steveclv an answer.

Bruce.

Default the answer

Hi all.

OK heres the answer.

FASTEN button is indeed missing from the finish section.

OK impose using the impose tool.
    go to properties on the impose job.
    DO NOT go to finish as logic would indicate.

Click the summary tab, on the left and you will find the fasten option in here!

Wow, thanks!! That seems to work. I need to test more but it appears that although the settings are 'preset' at FOLD&STAPLE in Summary, unless you actually go in there, they don't 'take' - so my imposed job which was set for Saddle Left, if you print it without going into Summary, doesn't F&S but if you go into Summary and check the Fasten setting to see if it says F&S (it does) then it does the saddle stitch. Weird but I can work around that.

As an aside, can you tell me why, when I just imposed a 12 page (3 sheet) booklet and all the pictures are the correct way up, when I print it, all of the 'back' pages are upside down

Thanks for you work and hep on this!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast