Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Impose Job not making booklets

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I think Oxident means do all your Imposition / booklet within "Impose" - when you close this down it creates a .dbp file ( Doc Builder Pro ) - on that file you can then change the Properties -> Finishing on that file..

Now you have a signatured .dbp file all you need for it to do is fold & staple - are these now available in the finishing tab...?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

steveclv is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor steveclv is on a distinguished path

That's exactly the workflow I follow

1. Upload PDF to server through CWS
    2. From the HOLD queue, right click the job and select Impose
    3. Impose the job, setting up Booklet, Saddle, Left, define the gutter etc and then save
    4. Right click the .dbp file and select Properties
    5. The screenshot I showed earlier is the result. under Layout it just says Impose or Normal and if I choose Normal I can set up the fold&staple but that doesn't seem to be the right way of doing it
    6. Under Finishing there are no booklet options - just basic stapling

Hope the screenshots come out in the right order The last image shows that I selected the output tray to be booklet in case that opened up any more options. It didn't.

Name:  s1.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  167.3 KB
    Name:  s2.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  124.6 KB
    Name:  s3.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  102.8 KB
    Name:  s4.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  113.0 KB
    Name:  s5.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  121.6 KB
    Last edited by steveclv; 07-23-2014 at 12:55 AM.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Okay, that's exactly how I would do it (including the final "switch" from "Impose" to "Normal" in the layout tab).

Have you actually tried to print (or preview) the job after step 5?

I'm quite sure it will still use the imposed layout and will do the stapling.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

steveclv is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor steveclv is on a distinguished path

If I simply print after the final step it does not fold or staple.

If I want to actually create the booklet, I have to switch from Impose to Normal and then select the fold&staple option.

And that is what seems wrong as the Booklet/Saddle/Left is setup in Impose and that should be part of the Impose template so in future I should be able to use an Impose template on a job and that then creates the booklet - if I have to manually setup fold&staple then I can't use an Impose template as they are 'mutually exclusive' in the CWS screens - one OR the other.

Actually just re-read what you said LOL - so yes, if I switch back to Normal then it creates the booklet but as per the above paragraph it's counter-intuitive especially when I want to use a pre-defined Impose template.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Yes, that's what I've expected. Now I'm sorry to say that I'm out of ideas. As long as EFI won't release a patch for the properties panel of your server (in order to move the fold&staple option to the section it should have been -> FINISHING), you are really out of luck.

And I guess, this won't happen because the EX260 is EOL.
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754

Yep, I can't see I am doing anything wrong but I am surprised that this hasn't been addressed when the EX260 was current - lots of people must have come across it when it was a new system which is what makes me think that it's something that I have done wrong or something in the configuration.

I guess this behavior wasn't a real problem with earlier CWS versions where there wasn't a "tabbed" layout section and impose was only availble as a "right-click" plugin.

So it seems that you have to accept this behavior and drop your wish to automate the booklet creation.

As an alternative, you might take a look at 3rd party solutions like PitStop or Callas in order to set up a hotfolder for this kind of imposition. Then point the output to EFI's HotFolder an apply a preset which just includes fold&staple.

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

And the EX260 is not showing a "Center" mode in the stapler options of the finishing tab? On the EX560 that's the setting that I select, and it then automatically sets the folding up and resolves any other conflicts.

That's interesting on the EX560

What's most confusing is that we are all running CWS 5.6 and that's where I thought it should all be the same - I run it on the EX260, the PCs and the Macs and it's all the same - but it's the same version of the CWS that I suspect you are running too

It's not CWS which is responsible for arranging the printer's options in the appropriate sections. This information comes directly from the Fiery server. CWS only "displays" them where the Fiery server wants them to be.

Therefore, EFI can only patch this on the Fiery itself or they change the "tabbed" behaviour of CWS' layout section. But none of this seems to be likely happen :-(

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast