Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Imposition Templates Not Available Through Properties

Default Email address??

Hi
    What email address do you want me to send the files to?

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Klaus,

Can you please send us your test file and impose template? We would like to test it out here.

Also if you could grab one of the files where the gutter is not working, and generate a Job Error Report (JER), then please send that as well.
    To generate a JER, select the file in Command Workstation, and then hold down CTRL while right clicking on the job (or Command + right click on mac). A new menu 'create job error report' will be shown, select that and save it to your desktop (a zip file will be saved).

Thanks,
    G.

Default Follow up

Any news on this?

Yes Klaus I sent you a fix via email. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

G.

Default Haven't got any email?

Hi Greta

Haven't got any email?

Klaus,

I resent the email twice, replying to your old email. It had no attachments either. Could you check your spam mail folder?

G.

Default No stil haven't got it :(

Hi Greta and thanks for your efford, but I still haven't got any email, and I have checked my spam folder many times.

It's weird because I get many emails everyday and never have had any problem with not getting emails.
    I even get email from this Forum that you have answered.

Like I send you the file to your FTP server, is it possible you could do the same, put the file or files on your FTP?

I really like and want this problem solved, it's very annoying for our workflow that it is not working.

Thanks

Hi Klaus,

The Service Pack 1 update for Release 4.3 is now posted online, you can download it with Fiery software manager.

This includes the fix for Hot Folders.

Let us know how you go?

G.

Default Woooohoooo

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Hi Klaus,

The Service Pack 1 update for Release 4.3 is now posted online, you can download it with Fiery software manager.

This includes the fix for Hot Folders.

Let us know how you go?

G.
    Yes great its working perfect, thanks so much

One thing that would be really great is, if you could make it so if you send a single sided eg. Business card to a Duplex Hot folder it automatically would detect that it's a one page document and then only print that page.
    As it is now you will get a blank page with only the crop marks!
    Because of that, we have to make the double amount of hot folders which is quite a lot just for our most common jobs.
    Again with the Business card as a sample. We have to make a hotfolder single sided landscape, one for Duplex Landscape, one for single sided portrait and one for duplex portrait!
    That is 4 hot folders for one type of jobs! so the same for A4, A5, A6, DLE, Postcards and so on. That is a lot of hotfolders!
    Hope it all make sense.
    Last edited by Klaus; 04-01-2015 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Spellings

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

It makes sense--but you're in the manufacturing business.

And you can't have "read my mind" and "automation" at the same time.

What you're looking for is a programmable, if-then-else approach. EFI doesn't offer that. And even with a programmable system like that, you must anticipate all variations so that you can program them in--and that never happens. There's always that one odd job that needs handwork.

Default Yes but..

Yes I fully understand what you are saying, but first of all, all the jobs Im talking about are not odd jobs, that is what we are doing most of the times.

And why not make the system best possible! And that is also what the Hot folders are all about so my suggestion would just make it even better

And of course it can be done, even InDesign can read if the page is empty, there is actually a check box you have to tick if you want empty pages printed.

But again just a suggestion and anyway Im so happy that the other problem is solved, thanks for that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast