+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Imposition Templates Not Available Through Properties

Scarrot,

Can you try a quick test for me with your Kip A6 file?

Create a new template in Impose, ensure Finish Size drop down is set to 'User Defined'.
    Create new Hot Folder pointing to hold queue, using that Impose template.
    Drop file on Hot Folder.
    Now from the Fiery hold queue, open job in Impose that went through Hot Folder - is it still 'User Defined'?
    Should be.

G.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've just tried doing this but it hasn't made any difference. My steps were:

- Drop Kip postcard PDF file onto Fiery
    - Right click impose on Kip file, and create new imposition template called 'Test' using 'User Defined' finish size
    - Create new hot folder called 'Test' which uses Imposition Template 'Test'
    - Drop Kip file into new 'Test' hot folder

When I then right click impose on the Kip.pdf.dbp in the held queue, it is using the right template, but the finish size drop down is still set as 'Based on Crop Box', so they are imposing as on the previous example.

Let me know if there is anything else I can try.

scarrott - Thanks for testing.

This is crazy - I did exactly the same steps on both Windows and Mac on todays release, and each time the job comes in with user defined template still in place. I tried various things - changing my Hot Folder to merge PDFs, entering custom values under user defined in the template, everything still works fine for me. The job always retains 'user defined' setting after going through the Hot Folder.

Would you be willing to do a quick webex, so we can go through it onscreen together?
    If so please let me know your timezone/country and any suitable timeslots, so I can set it up.

Thanks, G.

Hey, thank you for the Update

We got the same problem... To Create the Hot Folder works fine and without Problems.
    When the File is load due the Hot Folder, the Imposition File is set to "Based on Crop Box"

IC-408 on WIN7

Glad it's not just me Patrick88! Thought i must be going crazy.

Thanks for your attention on this Greta. I've just tested again from scratch and the issue definitely persists. We are in the UK and open 9.30am - 5.30pm (GMT) so any time during those opening hours should be fine. Just let me know when is good for you and I'll make sure I am free.

Scarrott I sent you a private message to setup the webex tomorrow.

Could you send me a copy of your file for imposition (if not confidential) and your imposition template so I can test?

Patrick88 - if you could also send these it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    G.
    Last edited by Greta_C; 03-10-2015 at 11:19 AM.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

My understanding is, what you want is how it the new hotfolder package is supposed to work right out of the gate.

I'm glad you tried it before I spent time on it...

Smile Good news

Thanks to the very gracious Mr Scarrott we have now found the cause of the problem, and have a workaround for it.

The good news is the problem won't affect most of our customers, and we will be releasing an update in the near future to address it.

If you see the problem in the meantime and need the workaround, please drop me a private message and I'll help you out.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Thanks,
    Greta.

Default Good new and bad news :)

Hi

Great after the latest update yesterday we finally can use "User defined" sizes and also see and use the templates there have been made with the Imposition software. But now I got a weird problem. The gutter is not working! The weird thing is, that it is working sometimes, same job send to the same hotfolder????

Klaus,

Can you please send us your test file and impose template? We would like to test it out here.

Also if you could grab one of the files where the gutter is not working, and generate a Job Error Report (JER), then please send that as well.
    To generate a JER, select the file in Command Workstation, and then hold down CTRL while right clicking on the job (or Command + right click on mac). A new menu 'create job error report' will be shown, select that and save it to your desktop (a zip file will be saved).

Thanks,
    G.
    Last edited by Greta_C; 03-12-2015 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast