+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Imposition Templates Not Available Through Properties

I would really appreciate a hint of if this is going to be solved soon. We were sold this box on the basis of automated workflows and hot folders, but they simply don't work. For one customer we run about 40 different sets of A6 postcards each week, all short runs, and this means that for every set we have to right click impose, wait for it to download, choose the template, choose the paper type, save, then print. This is monumentally frustrating given that we were assured this would just be a matter of dragging to a hot folder when we were sold the equipment.

Please let me know when this is likely to be working otherwise we will have to escalate the issue with Xerox as the equipment does not function as it was sold to us.

Scarrott,

We are currently working on this feature, but I'm not able to give you a fixed release date at this point.

Would you be interested in being a beta tester for the new Hot Folders, supporting the 'user defined' templates?

If so, I can make that happen.

G.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

If possible, please add me to the list of beta users. I would really love to try out new workflows based on custom imposition templates
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Thanks for getting back to me. We would definitely be interested in helping with beta testing of this feature. Let me know what we need to do to get on this.

I was waiting for this option as well. Please add me to the list of beta users. Thank you.

Is there any news on this? Any update on if this is coming any time soon?

*push*

any news on this?

They are just hopeless

They don't even answer.

Be nice.

Firstly, I'm not allowed to pre-announce releases on this forum, as much as I'd like to.

Secondly, I offered a beta test to 4 users in this thread, only one replied to my message (thank you Scarrot).

Thirdly, you'll see this feature in the next release, due in weeks not months.

And again, thanks Greta for that kind offer, and sorry we never took you up on it. We are a production environment and we only have CWS installed on one workstation (the Fiery itself), so it wasn't really practical for us to get involved in the test.

However, I was very excited to see that the update actually came in this morning. Everything is so nearly great, but there is one problem. We can set up the hot folders correctly and they pick the correct imposition template, but they don't correctly set whether the "Finish Size" is "Based on Crop Box" or is "User Defined". The correct User Defined info is in there, as if we manually change the drop down, the correct size shows, but we would have to do this on every job using a hot folder.

To clarify, the following image shows what happens if I make a Hot Folder using our 'A6 Landscape' imposition template and drag a file to that hot folder then go to impose, this is what I see.

Name:  crop box.png
Views: 2938
Size:  354.7 KB

Obviously, this isn't correct to print. If I then change the Finish Size drop down to 'User Defined', it looks like this:

Name:  user defined.png
Views: 2900
Size:  351.9 KB

Which is how it should be. I'm hoping this is a pretty easy fix as without this, the new Hot Folders are no more use than they were before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast