Thread: CW 5.6.0.24 Does Not Clear Printing Queue

Angry CW 5.6.0.24 Does Not Clear Printing Queue

Since updating to Command WorkStation 5.6.0.24, any jobs that I send to my printer do not clear once they have successfully completed. The screen on my printer controller shows "Ready To Print" and I can send additional jobs that print successfully, but they never clear. Im up to several dozen items in my to "Print" section of Command WorkStation.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have a solution? No settings have been changed on my part since updating to the latest software version.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 12.25.43 PM.png
Views: 1126
Size:  74.5 KB

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Do the jobs disappear if you restart CWS?
    What about other computers? Do they show the same behavior?

If the user interface of CWS is screwed up like this (or similiar) it might have something to do with the underlying JRE. Did you update it already? I guess, www.java.com could be a good starting point...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by oxident View Post
    Do the jobs disappear if you restart CWS?
    What about other computers? Do they show the same behavior?

If the user interface of CWS is screwed up like this (or similiar) it might have something to do with the underlying JRE. Did you update it already? I guess, www.java.com could be a good starting point...
    Other computers did show the items in the Printing queue. I found a solution however. I had power cycled my printer, but had forgotten to restart my controller. Once I restarted my controller, it moved everything from the Printing queue to the Held queue. I was able to remove them from there. I can't believe I overlooked this obvious solution!

Now, everything seems to be doing fine. So, recommendation: When you update CW, it would be good practice to restart your controller as well.