Thread: Booklet making again - how to choose a different media for cover

steveclv is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor steveclv is on a distinguished path

Default Booklet making again - how to choose a different media for cover

I have discovered that it works to create a booklet if I use the following workflow

Upload pdf to the server
    Impose the file to create a booklet and save back to the server
    Use the Properties option and under Layout select the Normal option rather than the Impose and then set the staple and fold etc.

However, is there a way to select the cover of the booklet to be taken from a different tray?
    I tried it using Booklet Maker 2.1 by choosing the cover from Tray 5 and choosing Print Both Sides for Front and Back but then it created this as 2 separate sheets each printed on one side and they were not in the folded and stapled set but output on the normal tray.

I feel this should be something fairly simple to achieve but nothing I do seems to get it to work

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Interesting thing. I face the same problem also when selecting different trays for inside sheets or defining some sheets as pure b/w.

I guess it has something to do with a definition mismatch between sheet and page. Somehow, booklet maker seems to refer to sheets instead of pages...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

pmhapp is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor pmhapp is on a distinguished path

If you are using Fiery SeeQuence Impose to create your Booklet Layout, then you go into Job Properties and change it from Layout > Impose to Layout > Normal, then you just wiped out whatever imposition layout you did in Impose.

If you are using Impose, there should be a Cover checkbox that allows you to assign a different paper (and input source) for your cover.

steveclv is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor steveclv is on a distinguished path

Are you sure about that?

When I Impose the job, it saves it back to a different job name which I can then select the properties of and use the Layout -> Normal to define other characteristics. It still uses the Imposed layout.

If I just print the imposed job, it doesn't drive the printer to fold, staple etc - I have to configure that inside of the job properties.

It seems that Impose is concerned with the layout of the images on the sheet and not with commanding the printer how to print/finish - unless I am very mistaken (quite possible LOL) and/or my system is not setup correctly.