+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Indesign & Illustrator CC 2014 Crash When Printing To Fiery

Default Adobe Illustrator crashing

I see a response on 8/7/14 about Fiery working to fix the issue of Adobe crashing. Any updates yet? I've got 2 labs and over 80 students very frustrated at Illustrator crashing every time they print.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

OK, I'll stand up and say it: file-print is THE worst thing you can do out of Adobe CS.

What you should be doing is making good PDF (if digital print is your end process, use the High Quality Print preset to start) and dropping said good PDF directly onto the printing system.

Voila. The print driver problem is solved, as is every other problem that stems from file-print out of Adobe CS.

Default printing

No argument on the reliability of printing pdfs. Tell Adobe to take away the Print option. When you have student classes rotating in and out of the labs each day it's tough to get them all trained to pdf everything they want to print. We have a Xerox 560 in between the labs and sometimes students just want to print out a quick test of a design project.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2