Thread: "Error While Saving" "Error While Flattening"

Exclamation "Error While Saving" "Error While Flattening"

Ok we updated Command workstation on two computers one being a PC and One a Mac and when we goto save an impose job they both get the same saving error. Or if we goto to save as PDF we get the same flattening error. This only started happening after the latest update. PLEASE HELP!!!! We rely heavily on Impose.

Can you please state what copier model, Fiery model, and version software that Fiery is running?

Connect to Fiery in Command WorkStation, then in Device Center tab, look under General, General Info.

What do you see in upper left corner of that screen?

Konica Minolta Bizhub Press c6000 - 70-60C-KM-v1.90
    IC-413
    CW-5.5.0.24

EFI is currently investigating this issue with Command WorkStation v5.6.0.24

From what I know at this point, this issue only affects System 9r2 Fierys and older (yours is a System 9e Fiery)
    And, it only happens if you open a "PS" file in Impose/Compose/JobMaster and save as Regular Imposed Job, or Flattened PDF job.

It does NOT happen if you open a "PDF" file in Impose/Compose/JobMaster and save as Regular Imposed Job, or Flattened PDF job.

For now here is a relatively pain free workaround:

1.) Open "PS" job in Impose/Compose/JobMaster
    2.) Click on a page in Page View pane on left side of window, then right-click
    3.) In pop up menu, select "Assign Media"
    4.) then in window that appears, select appropriate setting in one of these available drop-downs (your choice)
    - Output Paper Size
    - Media
    - Media or paper Type
    ...then "OK"

Go ahead now and do any operations desired in Impose/Compose/JobMaster, then Save.

It should save without error.

Default same problem

I am truing to solve this problem for someone too, so I shall get them to try and report back

EDIT - I figured it out. Thank you for your assistance. Thank god there is a work around.

So i followed the steps you provided and for whatever reason i dont have "Assign Media" Option available, in other words its grayed out. Is there a reason for this?
    Last edited by mi109; 07-07-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Default what was the work around

Hi my customer also has assign media greyed out, what was the work around?

He tried to edit the media via 'edit' button on the right hand side but it didn't work.

You have make sure that you have a page selected in the sheet view area in order for "assign media" to become available.

Default no assign media - work around

I have a couple of customers now with this problem since the upgraded to cws 5.6

However they don't have the option for assign media when you select and right click on one of the pages in the left hand column.

Instead, what works for them is once a job is imposed go to the blue 'default media' under one of the sheets in the central panel. Make one of the amends as mentioned above (media, page size or type) and then that will save.

Is there any news of a more permanent fix? rather than a work around?

Thannks

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Thomas View Post
    Instead, what works for them is once a job is imposed go to the blue 'default media' under one of the sheets in the central panel. Make one of the amends as mentioned above (media, page size or type) and then that will save.
    Yes, I find this works on our Xerox EX560 - although I find that you do not even need to make any changes to the media. Just click on the blue "Default Media" and then simply OK the media window (without making any changes at all) that pops up.