Thread: Can't Import Jpeg Files to CW5

Default Can't Import Jpeg Files to CW5

I have approximately 600 jpeg images that I need to print but I get an error message every time I try to import them in Fiery Command Workstation 5. Can someone please tell me if Fiery Command Workstation 5 supports jpeg? If so, what am I doing wrong? If not, what is the best means to convert and print these pictures? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Equipment: Canon iRC5185 - H1 Fiery
    Fiery Command Workstation 5

Thanks,

Wesley

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Wesley,

Try using Hotfolder console to create a hotfolder - you can then configure this to accept jpg - this should then work.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Thank you for the information. Can you please tell me if Hotfolder console is part of CW5 or a separate application download?

Default Hot Folders is a separate application

JPEG support is not included natively inside Command Workstation, normally you would either open these image into another application and print them, or download them to a Fiery Hot Folder set to scale the image to the paper size, and print.

Hot Folders is part of the Fiery Applications Release package, so it comes with Command Workstation, but you have an option whether to install it or not. If you don't have it installed, you can add it by going to Fiery Software Manager, then selecting Manage, and checking Hot Folders in the list.

However in order for Hot Folders to work, your Fiery controller needs to support the option as well. I do not know if Hot Folders support is included on your H1 Fiery, or if it's an option. Your Fiery is System 8eR2, right?

Please print a configuration sheet, or check Command Workstation device center for installed options- and see if Hot Folders or Virtual Printers is mentioned. If it is not listed, then you will need to purchase the option.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

You could also try to use batch conversion utilities like xnView or xnConvert to convert your jpegs to pdfs (which can be processed directly by your Fiery).
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64