+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [FAQ] Troubleshooting Fiery Dashboard.

Default [FAQ] Troubleshooting Fiery Dashboard.

‘No data to display’ is shown.
    FDC uploads the last 7 days of data, and FDB displays the 7 days by default. If your Fiery has been idle over a week, no data will be displayed (if so print or process a job). Then wait up to 15mins for the next upload, or restart the FDC service/daemon to push an upload right away.

I see data but the date is wrong.
    It’s quite possible the Fiery clock is wrong, check the Fiery configuration sheet time/date (and timezone) against that of the client computer browser accessing FDB. To check the Fiery configuration go to CWS > Device Center > General > Server Configuration.

Fiery job log shows more jobs than Dashboard in the total count.
    Scan jobs are included in the Fiery job log, but not shown in the FDB.

Why do I get an error when I try to sign out?
    If your browser is set to ‘Do not accept Cookies from 3rd parties’, it can result in an error when signing out. Still signs out though.

Which browsers are supported?
    All the recent ones (as of 2014), FireFox (29+), Chrome (32+), Safari(5.1+), IE10 and higher.

Media usage trend shows ‘Unknown’ or ‘None Defined’
    Medias shows as‘Unknown’ when the Fierycontroller log does not contain the expected media data, or ‘None defined’ when no Paper Catalog entry is assigned.

‘Jobs by interpreter’ shows ‘Others’.
    Others could be JPEG, or TXT or some other non mainstream interpreter. Varies by model.

‘Jobs by workflow’ or ‘Jobs submitted by’ shows ‘Others’
    In both cases we only show the top 4, and anything from 5+ are listed as others. We will improve this soon.

‘Jobs by users’ shows ‘Others’
    In some very rare cases, the Fiery job log may not contain the usernames for some jobs submitted. In this case the FDB will list the user as ‘Others’.

How can I remove a Fiery from FDB?
    You can’t remove Fierys from Dashboard right now - we’ll add that ability later. You can always hide them though, so they never show in the dashboard.

Which languages are supported by FDB?
    English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Polish and Czech.

Which Fiery’s are supported?
    Fiery Dashboard supports all the same Fiery controllers as FEA Rel4.2 package (System 8R2 and higher).However at time of launch, FDB does not support Fiery Central – it will connect and show the data, but it may not be logically reflecting groups, etc.

CWS doesn’t show the What’s new page
    If CWS cannot detect an internet connection, then the ‘What’s new’ dialog will not be shown on startup. The dialog can always be launched from the CWS > Help menu.

Fiery controller logos
    In some cases the Partner logos may not be displayed for all Fiery controllers.

Device information in double byte characters
    On some Japanese and Simplified Chinese servers, the device information such as System version may not be displayed correctly, and may instead report ‘no data available’. In this case we recommend you reference the Fiery configuration sheet for more information.

Fiery Dashboard Welcome screen
    On the initial Fiery Dashboard welcome screen showing how to authorize CWS, there may be a ‘refresh this page’ message shown without translation (at time of launch). Translated messages will be replaced shortly.

Unhappy Restart FDC

Hi Hans,

For some reason my Fiery Dashboard isn't showing any data, the last time it received data was a week or so ago but we haven't changed anything, what could be causing this issue?

How do I restart the FDC / Daemon to push an upload?

‘No data to display’ is shown.
    FDC uploads the last 7 days of data, and FDB displays the 7 days by default. If your Fiery has been idle over a week, no data will be displayed (if so print or process a job). Then wait up to 15mins for the next upload, or restart the FDC service/daemon to push an upload right away.

Thanks Simon

Hi Simon,

I am sorry to learn that you have issues with uploading data to Fiery Dashboard. The first advice I can give you is to restart the computer where CWS has been authorized for Fiery Dashboard. But I assume that is something you already tried.

Here are some additional tips you can use to troubleshoot the issue. If uploading does not resume please reach out to me at hans[dot]sep[at]efi[dot]com so we can take steps to get this resolved.

How can I see the data collected?

To see the data collected by the FDC you will need to first enable the logs. To enable logs, create a file called EnableFDCLog.txt in the following folder:

Win: C:\programdata\FDC\logs
    Mac: \Applications\Fiery\Command WorkStation5\FDC\Logs

Then restart the service/daemon called "FDC" and now it will save a copy of future logs in this directory. Note these logs are for troubleshooting only, remember to turn them off afterwards.

How does FDC it upload data?

FDC uploads via HTTPS (port 443) to the FDC URL – check the Fierysettings xml file for real URLS in use. Copy the file to the desktop first.

WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FDC\FDCSettings\FDCSettings.xml

Win7: C:\ProgramData\FDC\FDCSettings
    Mac: \Applications/Fiery/CommandWorkstation5/FDC/FDCSettings/FDCSettings.xml

See if you can ping the real URLs mentioned in the XML settings document.

+ Reply to Thread