Thread: Printer only using default setting since mac 10.9 update

Default Printer only using default setting since mac 10.9 update

Hello,

Ever since the mac 10.9 update my fiery B2 connect to a canon IR 5035 will only print what the default values are. If you change anything in any menu it will reset to what the CUPS value are. You can change the CUPS value but that is not a good work around for the amount of print I do. I cant duplex, stitch or print on any paper thats not letter sized.

Canon support has dumped the problem onto you and said its faulty fiery drivers. Any news on how to fix it or have anyone been having the same problem?

shmegenke is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor shmegenke is on a distinguished path

I'm not seeing this issue myself with the B2.

Which driver are you using? Are you using the latest driver from EFI Website?

Also, which application are you using - or does this happen regardless of the app you use?

If not, use the Fiery Software Removal Tool to uninstall the existing driver and then install the latest B2 driver from the EFI Website.

Thanks for responding.

This happens in every program i use. I have the latest drivers for everything installed. Can you please link to the Fiery Software Removal. I will try that and let you know how it goes.

<EDIT> There is no removal tool listed for 10.9. It sstops at 10.8

Is there any specific process i should follow for the removal?

Hey shmegenke,

Any news on what removal tool i should use. Like i replied, the current one isn't listed as compatible with 10.9

Thanks
    Steve

Just wondering the status of my previous question. IS the fiery removal tool compatible with 10.9

thanks
    steve

Any news on this?

Thanks
    Steve

Default Same Problem With Fiery IC-413 Attached to KM Bizhub Pro C6000L

I am also having the same issue. Any settings made within the Fiery driver are completely ignored, forcing files to be moved to a Windows workstation.

Also, have been waiting for a compatible update on the Impose apps (Acrobat Pro and Pitstop) that will work with Mac OS 10.9. It is really a drag having to move files around the office to use software that came with such a recently purchased RIP.