Thread: Text processed differently than vector art

Hybrid View

Default Text processed differently than vector art

Hi,

I have a Canon 5255 with a Fiery ImagePass B2, and OS X 10.7, and I have a question about the printer's halftone option.

Can I choose a default for the server? Right now it handles text and graphics differently and I'd like the default to be Gradation.

I know that I can choose Gradation each time I print or create a preset, but there are many different users and I want it to be a default for them automatically.

Thanks!
    Daniel

el_tren2003 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor el_tren2003 is on a distinguished path

Hi,

You are running system 10, so you are allowed to edit properties of default queues.
    Go to device centre>workflow>virtual printers.

Regards,

Thanks, but I don't see an option for virtual printers when I go to Device Center—>Workflows. Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 9.15.22 AM.png
Views: 546
Size:  77.6 KB

ColorQA_Victor is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor ColorQA_Victor is on a distinguished path

I am not familiar with Fiery RIPs connected to Canon printers, but I believe you can.

From Command Workstation, select Server from the menu bar and then select Configure. If Fiery Setup appears, select Configure. Once Configure opens, select PDL > PS. Within this UI, you should be able to set the default halftone screen - then reboot. If there is no halftone server default setting option within this UI, then you'll have to go the route of using hot folders or Fiery presets.
    Victor Ibarra
    Fiery Lead QA Engineer - Color & Imaging

el_tren2003 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor el_tren2003 is on a distinguished path

I guess virtual printers is an option on this model.
    Try what Victor says.

Regards,