Thread: Force Black and White by default

Default Force Black and White by default

Hello

I would like user not to be able to print in color unless they specifically ask for it at every job. But I don't want to have to change the setting in the driver computer by computer as I have in excess of 70 to manage.

There must be a way directly on the Fiery Command Workstation or in the printer itself to force black and white printing?

We have a Xerox 700i.

Thank you!

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I would like user not to be able to print in color unless they specifically ask for it at every job.
    Do you mean default to Grayscale ?

But I don't want to have to change the setting in the driver computer by computer as I have in excess of 70 to manage.
    How are the Print Drivers loaded on the client machines ? ( P.S 70 isn't that many )

There must be a way directly on the Fiery Command Workstation or in the printer itself to force black and white printing?
    Again the scant info you have supplied - I would suggest no there isn't - without reconfiguring the print driver on each device ? or have you loaded the print driver on a Print Server ? in which case this would be very simple.. or again do you have 70 users adding the Fierys Hold / Print Queues via SMB - Network Printing - this again would also be fairly simple to fix.. ?

Respectfully, if you are looking for a qualified answer to a question - you will get so much more if you fully explain your scenario - as opposed from " I have bought a Color Printer & RIP & it is costing Bundles - what is the quickest way for me to stop the staff from printing color on the color printer "..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Maybe virtual printers could help you.

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Do you mean default to Grayscale ?

How are the Print Drivers loaded on the client machines ? ( P.S 70 isn't that many )

Again the scant info you have supplied - I would suggest no there isn't - without reconfiguring the print driver on each device ? or have you loaded the print driver on a Print Server ? in which case this would be very simple.. or again do you have 70 users adding the Fierys Hold / Print Queues via SMB - Network Printing - this again would also be fairly simple to fix.. ?

Respectfully, if you are looking for a qualified answer to a question - you will get so much more if you fully explain your scenario - as opposed from " I have bought a Color Printer & RIP & it is costing Bundles - what is the quickest way for me to stop the staff from printing color on the color printer "..

Sorry I gave you all the info I thought I could give you and thought I was quite clear. I know very little on this machine unfortunately.

From what I've learned with tech support yesterday, given the printer was installed on each machine, I will have to go to each machine and reconfigure it.

Thank you for your help even with the small amount of info I gave.

Kevin Hayes is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kevin Hayes is on a distinguished path

Go to configure and in the PS options you can set it to Greyscale by default.

Is the last list of settings, where you can also set PCL, etc.