Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IP Address is 0.0.0.0 (Initializing)

Default IP Address is 0.0.0.0 (Initializing)

My problem is with my Doc 250 w/Fiery. When the configuration sheet prints out, under the Protocol Setup: Eithernet Setup it tells me that the IP Address: 0.0.0.0 (Initializing)
    and the Subnet Mask is 0.0.0.0????

Consequently I am unable to communicate with the printer from my Mac OS OS 8.6.8.

I have restarted the system a 100 times. Cannot find any administrator commands and am at wits end here.

Any suggestions will be pursued with vigor.

Ted

Bennettprinting,
    Is this the Linux or Windows 250?
    Thanks, Craig

Default IP Address ?

I do not know if it is Linux or Windows? How do I tell?

Does it look like a computer with a LCD screen or a small silver box with a 2 digit LED?

The EFI is a box attached to the rear of the copier, and there is a small green led light that is currently on "00". OBTW we are operating the copier with the reflection table with no problems, we just cannot "talk" to it with our computers.

Sorry for the delay - I had to run downtown.

I would try to rebuild the Fiery. This product is no longer supported by EFI or Xerox, so I'm unsure if you can get help from your local Xerox dealership. Please see the following. http://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/Pr...how/td-p/11785

I do not have local Xerox support. I own my machine outright. We are out in the sticks so too speak. I have the EFI disks v1.0 and v1.1 CDs. How do these help? I need to be in communication with the Fiery don't I. How do I get hooked up to the Fiery from my Mac if the ethernet is not working. Command Workstation 5 looks for 192.168.1.40 but cannot find it. Says it is Disconnected. I have a direct ethernet cable attached to this computer.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Maybe I'm missing something but why don't you just change the IP address using the copier interface? It looks to me like the Fiery is waiting for a DHCP response for getting a dynamic IP.

It seems that the Fiery was at 192.168.1.140 ... so just try to set this IP again and also set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

As Craig has suggested - reloading might be the only way forward here, as it looks as if the Network Port has reverted to DHCP ? - you might be able to get via the Scanner Port - as you state that you can get a config page out..? To achieve this get your laptop & change the IP address on it to 100.100.100.100 / subnet 255.255.252.0 - with you DC250 rebooted & a config sheet out un plug the crossover cable in the scan port & connect your laptop, open a webpage & type 100.100.100.102 ( or 101 - can never remember which way round ) - with a bit of luck you will see the Fiery's embedded webpage - you can then enter configure & change the tcp/ip address back to your 192.xxx.xxx.xxx & then reboot...

If a reload does seem to be the only way out - then place the DVD 1 from the 1.1 Media pack & run it from your laptop - you will then see the Installer Wizard - it will get you to connect your network lead & then flip two dip switches on the bustled controller - it is then a case of following the wizard & time.. it does take a little while..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Nice idea but I'm really sure the DC2xx series are able to configure the Fiery's NIC setting through the regular configuration panel. There is a page called network settings which will allow you to do the TCP configuration right from the copier display.

I've also noticed that the embedded Fierys for these series, especially v1.0, are quite unreliable in getting DHCP responses in time and I've also encountered a controller which "magically" set itself to use DHCP instead of a static address :-(
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast